Author Topic: Threats In Space “Extremely Concerning”: Space Force Boss  (Read 97 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Threats In Space “Extremely Concerning”: Space Force Boss
The Chief of Space Force did not mince words about the scale and scope of ways Russia and China now have to threaten U.S. satellites.

BY
JOSEPH TREVITHICK
|
PUBLISHED FEB 14, 2024 9:00 PM EST
The US Space Force's top officer says he is extremely concerned by Russian and Chinese threats to American space-based assets.

JOSEPH TREVITHICK
View Joseph Trevithick's Articles

The U.S. Space Force's top officer says the scale and scope of Russian and Chinese threats to American assets in orbit, including demonstrated abilities to conduct very close proximity operations, is "of paramount concern."

Chief of Space Operations Gen. Chance Saltzman's comments came yesterday ahead of the disclosure of a still largely unknown serious national security threat, which still-unconfirmed reports say may involve a Russian space-related capability. You can read more about what is known about that threat now in The War Zone's earlier reporting.

"Very concerning. Extremely concerning. ... give me another adjective, you guys are the writers," Saltzman said in response to a question about Russian and Chinese threats from The War Zone's Howard Altman at a media roundtable on the sidelines of the Air & Space Forces Association's 2024 Warfare Symposium. "It's of paramount concern."

https://www.twz.com/space/threats-in-space-extremely-concerning-space-force-boss
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Threats In Space “Extremely Concerning”: Space Force Boss
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2024, 06:15:53 pm »
Remember how democrats fought Reagans' Star Wars program? :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson