Author Topic: Special Ops Vehicle Numbers Go Down as Command Divests  (Read 65 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Special Ops Vehicle Numbers Go Down as Command Divests
« on: April 27, 2024, 05:54:21 pm »
Special Ops Vehicle Numbers Go Down as Command Divests
4/26/2024
By Stew Magnuson   

Air Force photo

CHARLOTTE, North Carolina — Special Operations Forces are transitioning from their post-9/11 counterterrorism focus to support the principal effort under the National Defense Strategy: “integrated deterrence.”

And that has made an impact on the command’s fleet of ground mobility vehicles, Vincent Grizio, program manager for the family of special operations vehicles at Special Operations Command, said at a recent industry trade show.

There are currently about 3,200 ground vehicles in Special Operations Command’s fleet, which is down from some 3,400 the previous year. That will probably be fewer than 3,000 by early 2025, he said at the National Defense Industrial Association’s Tactical Wheeled Vehicles conference in Charlotte, North Carolina.

As the command makes the transition from the global war on terror years to today’s great power competition, the number reflects “an expectation that the capacity that we have is not right but that we’re going to have to get the capacity right in the future,” he said.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2024/4/26/special-ops-vehicle-numbers-go-down-as-command-divests
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Special Ops Vehicle Numbers Go Down as Command Divests
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2024, 05:55:28 pm »
Alright!  MORE MILITARY SHRINKAGE!!
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson