Author Topic: Guardian: Politicians “Propagated the Myth” that Renewables are Easy  (Read 137 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Guardian: Politicians “Propagated the Myth” that Renewables are Easy
9 hours ago Eric Worrall 37 Comments

Essay by Eric Worrall

First published JoNova; If you fell for the government propaganda that renewables are the cheapest form of energy, the Guardian will help set you straight.

Here’s the truth: energy transition is hard. Not everyone gets a pony

Peter Lewis

Jobs will change, communities will be affected, but we have a shot at rising to the challenge of global heating

The climate crisis has long been defined by its lies: From the original sin of science denial, to Tony Abbott’s confected carbon tax panic, to the latest yellowcake straw man. But the most damaging porky of all might be that the transition to renewable energy will be easy.

Government messaging has propagated this myth, vacillating between the torpid technocracy of targets, acronyms and megawatt hours and the sunny spin that promises “a cheaper, cleaner energy future!”.

Both gloss over the hard truth that fundamentally changing the way Australia produces, shares and uses energy is hugely disruptive, particularly in the regions where new infrastructure is earmarked for land and sea.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/04/26/guardian-politicians-propagated-the-myth-that-renewables-are-cheap/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson