Author Topic: Climate Change Could Cost Young Americans $500,000  (Read 139 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate Change Could Cost Young Americans $500,000
« on: April 27, 2024, 01:19:41 pm »

Climate Change Could Cost Young Americans $500,000
© Provided by Climate Crisis 247

It is always absurd to forecast the effects of climate change more than a few years into the future. Scientists collect new data and publish results almost daily. Global warming targets get missed, and public policy changes. However, climate change could cost a person born this year a total of nearly $500,000 throughout their lifetimes.

Consumer Reports commissioned a survey which showed, “The costs from climate change could add up to nearly $500,000 for a baby born in the U.S. in 2024 over their lifetime, when you consider the impact on their cost of living and income, if climate change continues to increase at its current pace.” Much of these costs are energy, food, and healthcare.

The study’s areas for improvement include that it is much too early to say whether climate change will cause inflation. The costs of some things, such as real estate, could fall in some of America’s most famous cities and regions. In theory, energy prices could fall if alternative energy ounces become a low-cost reality.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/climate-change-could-cost-young-americans-500-000/ar-AA1nLvXa?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=ded8cc77642d4389fdd4a1a4d0041586&ei=92
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Climate Change Could Cost Young Americans $500,000
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2024, 01:22:00 pm »
Climate change won't cost them.  If something doesn't exist, it can't cost.  However, the government's misdirected reactions to the scam will. ****slapping
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Re: Climate Change Could Cost Young Americans $500,000
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2024, 01:22:29 pm »
Only if they buy electric vehicles.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org