Author Topic: White House: ‘Not Clear’ Israel Can Have Rafah Offensive Plan That Would Satisfy Us  (Read 522 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Guess Who?

White House: ‘Not Clear’ Israel Can Have Rafah Offensive Plan That Would Satisfy Us

Ian Hanchett26 Apr 2024116
1:51

On Friday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports,” White House National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan stated that it’s “not clear” that it’s even possible for Israel to have “a credible plan” for an invasion of Rafah that the White House would support.

Sullivan said, “[W]e have made clear that our policy in Gaza will be determined by the steps Israel takes, both with respect to facilitating humanitarian assistance that can save lives, and with respect to civilian protection as it conducts its operations. We have also made clear our absolute deep and fundamental concern about a major military operation in Rafah, because we believe, first, it’s where the aid is coming in. And if you cut that aid off, it makes it more difficult to feed and house people. Second, as you said, it’s where more than a million people are sheltering because they’ve been progressively moved there as Israel has continued its campaign. And it’s not clear to us that there can be a credible plan for where they go to have shelter, housing, medicine, and all of the things that they need. So, we continue to express our concerns publically and privately to the Israeli government. I have dealt with them directly on this issue. And we will continue to do that. I don’t want to get into the details of sensitive diplomatic conversations. I would just say, the U.S. position on this issue remains clear. And Israel understands where we are coming from.”

He added, “[W]e are going to continue to make our decisions based on what he believes is in the best interests of the American people and is most consistent with American values. That is what is guiding him today and it will guide him always through the remainder of this conflict.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/04/26/white-house-not-clear-israel-can-have-rafah-offensive-plan-that-would-satisfy-us/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

LIEden's anti-Semites would, briefly, welcome Israel retreating and surrendering to Hamas. Briefly, because Israel would continue to exist.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Nothing Israel can do in Gaza will "satisfy" the White House.
Too, too bad.

The great Kentucky Colonels have their say about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BbXySv7GK0

Offline Right_in_Virginia

On Friday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports,” White House National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan stated that it’s “not clear” that it’s even possible for Israel to have “a credible plan” for an invasion of Rafah that the White House would support.

Well, Sullivan's just being disingenuous.  There is one foolproof way, Israel:  decline US-supplied weapons, US taxpayer money, the US geopolitical shield and do what you want to your heart's content.  Easy peasy.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Hamas embeds themselves in the civilian population to use them as human shields.  To kill Hamas, you must have a high tolerance for civilian casualties.

The alternatives are:

1.) Hamas surrenders and releases all the hostages and bodies
2.) Gazans kill Hamsa so the Israelis don't have to.
3.) Many civilians will be collateral damage - that Hamas hopes the West has no stomach for.

In a kill or be killed situation, the first one to hit their target wins.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Hamas embeds themselves in the civilian population to use them as human shields.  To kill Hamas, you must have a high tolerance for civilian casualties.

Are you saying the IDF -- the most moral, best trained and best equipped military force on the planet hasn't --- in all these decades --- figured out how to identify, target and kill militants and avoid civilians?

@DefiantMassRINO

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Maybe in the past, under better leadership.  The IDF mistakenly killed two Israeli hostages who had escaped from Hamas - they were unarmed, with raised hands.  That leads to big questions about training and leadership.

Are you saying the IDF -- the most moral, best trained and best equipped military force on the planet hasn't --- in all these decades --- figured out how to identify, target and kill militants and avoid civilians?

@DefiantMassRINO

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Maybe in the past, under better leadership.  The IDF mistakenly killed two Israeli hostages who had escaped from Hamas - they were unarmed, with raised hands.  That leads to big questions about training and leadership.

So, with the right training and leadership, the IDF could identify, target and kill militants and avoid civilians?

Offline libertybele

Well, Sullivan's just being disingenuous.  There is one foolproof way, Israel:  decline US-supplied weapons, US taxpayer money, the US geopolitical shield and do what you want to your heart's content.  Easy peasy.

No U.S. interference would be nice, but does Israel have the funds to continue on without U.S. aid?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

As much as humanly possible in such battle conditions. 

Hamas will wear babies for bullet proof vests - requires a sniper's headshot more than a grenade or mortar.

So, with the right training and leadership, the IDF could identify, target and kill militants and avoid civilians?

No U.S. interference would be nice, but does Israel have the funds to continue on without U.S. aid?

Is their "continuing on" our responsibility to fund? @libertybele   Do we ever reach the point where we simply say "we're out ---- good luck with the occupation and wars?

« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 07:33:14 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline libertybele

Is their "continuing on" our responsibility to fund? @libertybele   Do we ever reach the point where we simply say "we're out ---- good luck with the occupation and wars?

No, it is not our responsibility to fund their war.  Nor is it our responsibility to fund Ukraine.  IMHO, we need to say enough is enough and take care of things on the home front @Right_in_Virginia

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

No, it is not our responsibility to fund their war.  Nor is it our responsibility to fund Ukraine.  IMHO, we need to say enough is enough and take care of things on the home front @Right_in_Virginia

***agree. @libertybele