Author Topic: PETA calls Noem a ‘psychotic loony’ for deadly dog story  (Read 22633 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: PETA calls Noem a ‘psychotic loony’ for deadly dog story
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2024, 02:03:36 am »
I would have guessed suffering fools :silly: :silly: :silly:

REALLY? I hadn't noticed  :whistle:

:beer: :seeya:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2024, 02:25:07 pm »
No, it doesn't. Without knowing all the details, it sounds like a reasoned response after pets were killed. Why were the dogs able to get to the ducks?

I guess I don't see the difference between the pound and the owner doing it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2024, 07:32:26 pm »
Yeah... I ain't been in the city much. All the rest is just part of living out here.

Sorry ... mine was a rhetorical question  :shrug:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2024, 08:27:07 pm »
Sorry ... mine was a rhetorical question  :shrug:

I know. Yours is not a questioning mind.  :whistle:

Offline corbe

« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2024, 08:58:04 pm »
   At least she didn't call you a FOOL, this time.  wink777
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2024, 09:01:18 pm »
   At least she didn't call you a FOOL, this time.  wink777

But alas, not through any self-awareness.  :whistle: :shrug:

Online berdie

« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2024, 09:11:56 pm »
I see both sides of this situation. This isn't like an urban area where pets are different than they are in the country. I live in a rural area. If a pet starts killing livestock it's a no go. I have been more lenient with a dog bite since the dog had dementia and I had him put down shortly after. But prior to that it wasn't acceptable. Who knows when a dog might go off on a stranger or a child?

As far as the goat? Some of them can mean little cusses. Heck, even roosters can be lethal. I have a friend named berdie that had an attack rooster that ended up as Sunday dinner. I don't have any idea how berdie found him with a broke neck??

Bottom line, I don't understand why she would even address this in her book. She should have learned from Mitt.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2024, 11:03:35 pm »
I see both sides of this situation. This isn't like an urban area where pets are different than they are in the country. I live in a rural area. If a pet starts killing livestock it's a no go. I have been more lenient with a dog bite since the dog had dementia and I had him put down shortly after. But prior to that it wasn't acceptable. Who knows when a dog might go off on a stranger or a child?

It is the same thing in the city - The difference being they have law officers and vets to do the deed for them. Notice that I have questioned more than once the idea that putting a dog down is somehow cruel... You're somehow a bad person if you put a bullet in his head - An act, btw that is far quicker in the doing than the time it takes to inject an animal....

I'd hate to tell them how you put down sheep and goats...  :whistle:

As far as the goat? Some of them can mean little cusses. Heck, even roosters can be lethal. I have a friend named berdie that had an attack rooster that ended up as Sunday dinner. I don't have any idea how berdie found him with a broke neck??

Don't even get me started with rams.. Damn mean, be it sheep or goat, and never turn your back. About like a bull, only the bull will take you out in one go. The ram has to work at it.

As for roosters, if I get my bones back together, I want to try to make a proper old-school flock... I think a dual purpose bird, probably American Bres... But the idea would be to go strictly old school and let em get broody and sit... I want to see how many birds it takes to keep you in eggs and still harvest a bird or two a week, and yet maintain a working flock.

That old way is nearly gone, and nobody knows that information anymore.
Still, whether from broody hens or an incubator, what folks are mostly gonna be eating are roosters and then retired hens... Roosters first, because they are mean. And fractious. I'd hate to even know how many I've sent to freezer camp.

Bottom line, I don't understand why she would even address this in her book. She should have learned from Mitt.

I have yet to see the offending passage in its context... Perhaps that is by design.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2024, 04:16:37 pm »
Why she would bring up shooting animals in a book about politics to convey she's not afraid of getting messy or ugly is a bit of a concern.  I haven't read the book and perhaps what she was trying to convey was taken out of context?

Exactly.  I can understand putting down a dog for killing chickens when growing up in farm country. My dad put down a dog for doing the same, though he didn't shoot it.   But recording it in a book that you were hoping would launch your national political career was stupid beyond belief.     Did her editor or proof readers, maybe even family and friends reading the pre-published transcript not say, " wait honey, ya better not put that in the book".
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2024, 05:52:14 pm »
Exactly.  I can understand putting down a dog for killing chickens when growing up in farm country. My dad put down a dog for doing the same, though he didn't shoot it.   But recording it in a book that you were hoping would launch your national political career was stupid beyond belief.     Did her editor or proof readers, maybe even family and friends reading the pre-published transcript not say, " wait honey, ya better not put that in the book".

Agreed, and as one would expect, she's lost any chance for a higher office.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2024, 06:54:32 pm »
Agreed, and as one would expect, she's lost any chance for a higher office.

Maybe so. But I bet she can write her own ticket in South Dakota, or any of the Midwestern and Western states.

Folks outside the city understand what she said. It's the urbanites that throw a hissy.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2024, 07:37:41 pm »
Maybe so. But I bet she can write her own ticket in South Dakota, or any of the Midwestern and Western states.

Folks outside the city understand what she said. It's the urbanites that throw a hissy.

True.  But still nowhere above Governor, unless she scores a Cabinet gig.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2024, 08:45:12 pm »
I guess I don't see the difference between the pound and the owner doing it.

@Free Vulcan

Fair point. It seemed that these were 2 dogs working in tandem. From that, I assumed that they were roaming the streets or countryside looking for "trouble." That's why I asked how they were in a position to go after the pet ducks. If the scenario is different from that, please let me know and I'll assess it with the actual facts rather than my assumption.

Regarding Gov. Noem ... upon further examination (and because I was finally able to see a clip of her explaining the situation), I will cut her some slack. She said that she was the 2nd owner of the dog and that it came to her as a troubled dog. I would suggest that she didn't have the ability to redirect the dog from its bad behavior and decided to put it down after the chicken and biting incident. Assuming that all she said is true, my only criticisms of her would be that she took on a project she wasn't equipped to handle and that she wrote about the incident in her book. I would have preferred that she try her best to re-home the dog, but sometimes there just aren't any takers.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.