Author Topic: PETA calls Noem a ‘psychotic loony’ for deadly dog story  (Read 22697 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: PETA calls Noem a ‘psychotic loony’ for deadly dog story
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2024, 12:24:06 am »
I take it you disagree with the dog trainer?

Hell yes I disagree.

I must say that I'm flummoxed by so many on this thread who are making excuses for her. She's not tough. She doesn't make difficult decisions. She's cruel. And a fool for including this incident in her book.

There it is again. Cruel? Why and how is it cruel?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2024, 12:25:55 am »
OMG. Country folk would rather kill a dog than re-home it? I may have to take another look at country folk.  **nononono*

If it's killing livestock, of course that's a death sentence. If it's biting people, that too is (likely) a capital offense. You don't pawn that off on others.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2024, 12:37:38 am »
If it's killing livestock, of course that's a death sentence. If it's biting people, that too is (likely) a capital offense. You don't pawn that off on others.

I can see that you believe the trainer is lying. I don't. He's the one with experience. As is Cesar. She did this out of anger and an emotionally unstable place.

I'm not going to lie. I'm a little sick to my stomach to learn of this. I had much respect for her. Now I'm seeing an unstable side to her. She had a problem that she needed a quick fix for and it was at the expense of a dog. Hell, she didn't even take it to a vet to have it humanely put down. She did it in anger. Everyone here seems to be trying to ramp up the dog's problem behavior to level 10. That's also making me sick to my stomach.

She's got a character flaw -- a HUGE one. I won't forget.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2024, 12:39:28 am »

I never would have believed that I'd be butting heads with a bunch of conservatives who were defending the killing of a young dog.

Justice and saddling your own responsibility.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2024, 12:39:43 am »
I can see that you believe the trainer is lying. I don't. He's the one with experience. As is Cesar. She did this out of anger and an emotionally unstable place.

I'm not going to lie. I'm a little sick to my stomach to learn of this. I had much respect for her. Now I'm seeing an unstable side to her. She had a problem that she needed a quick fix for and it was at the expense of a dog. Hell, she didn't even take it to a vet to have it humanely put down. She did it in anger. Everyone here seems to be trying to ramp up the dog's problem behavior to level 10. That's also making me sick to my stomach.

:thumbsup:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2024, 12:43:23 am »

Bullshit. I've been training up dogs all my life, from working livestock to mountain dogs.

I doubt it was done in anger. I would not have been angry by the time I dug the hole.  But that dog would be in it. I understood her perfectly and will stand with her on that. With some small respect - After all, she did exactly what any of us out here in flyover country would do. So it don't lift her up much with me... But it sure don't knock her down. She gets it.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2024, 12:50:36 am »
Bullshit. I've been training up dogs all my life, from working livestock to mountain dogs.

All that suggests to me is that you haven't been able to successfully retrain a dog as the trainer in the video has. Or Cesar. Maybe if you'd known it could be done, you'd have had better success.  :shrug: Just sayin...

Online roamer_1

« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2024, 12:52:35 am »
And by the way:

Hell, she didn't even take it to a vet to have it humanely put down.

I would say the bullet is more humane.

Everyone here seems to be trying to ramp up the dog's problem behavior to level 10.

Chasing livestock is level 10. KILLING livestock is level .22
Especially the neighbor's livestock.
And so is biting in most cases - even in town. The difference being the cops will come and do it for you.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2024, 12:55:07 am »
I doubt it was done in anger. I would not have been angry by the time I dug the hole.  But that dog would be in it. I understood her perfectly and will stand with her on that. With some small respect - After all, she did exactly what any of us out here in flyover country would do. So it don't lift her up much with me... But it sure don't knock her down. She gets it.

If she hated the dog, she really had no reason not to dispose of it as she did. I've been sorting this out in my mind for a few days. I tried to find a reason to believe that she wasn't a cruel bitch. I couldn't. Too many details pointed to a cruel, spiteful killing.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2024, 01:00:31 am »
All that suggests to me is that you haven't been able to successfully retrain a dog as the trainer in the video has. Or Cesar. Maybe if you'd known it could be done, you'd have had better success.  :shrug: Just sayin...

Nonsense. Chewy was with me 17 years. Moses 13. Brown - A mountain bred Husky mind you, whole different critter - Brown was with me at least 12 (Don't really know)

That's long long life for working dogs. Real working dogs.

Though I will admit that most did not make it to old age, and most were put down by my hand (as is proper) But by far and away they were put down as a mercy if I didn't find them dead. Very few were put down for cause.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2024, 01:02:03 am »
And by the way:

And so is biting in most cases - even in town. The difference being the cops will come and do it for you.

I wonder why that trainer lied about being able to teach a young dog about hunting?? He didn't even talk of re-homing. He talked of working with the dog. If Noem wasn't qualified to work with the dog, then it needed to be re-homed. As for the biting, it sounded to me like the dog was too exuberant in its pursuit of the chickens and reacted to being prevented from the chase. (I'd truly like to know if it was a serious bite or a reactionary one, and if the latter, how bad was it?) Are you honestly going to tell me that such behavior can't be corrected in a dog?

Offline AllThatJazzZ

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2024, 01:06:34 am »
And by the way:

Yep.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2024, 01:09:02 am »
If she hated the dog, she really had no reason not to dispose of it as she did. I've been sorting this out in my mind for a few days. I tried to find a reason to believe that she wasn't a cruel bitch. I couldn't. Too many details pointed to a cruel, spiteful killing.

I loved dogs and disposed of them exactly the same way.
Nothing cruel about it.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2024, 01:12:21 am »
About two weeks ago two dogs killed my grand daughters two pet ducks. Animal control took those dogs and put them down. Does that piss you off? @AllThatJazzZ
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2024, 01:17:59 am »
PETA, the people who don't want you to eat animals, either (unless they are bugs--and bugs are animals) wants you to re-home that vicious dog. For just 19 dollars a month, they will put them in the dumpster out back.

Sad fact of life, sometimes you have to be strong enough to shoot your own dog, even if it hurts.

That expression applies to other problems that have no soft and fuzzy solutions as well.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2024, 01:18:24 am »
I wonder why that trainer lied about being able to teach a young dog about hunting?? He didn't even talk of re-homing. He talked of working with the dog. If Noem wasn't qualified to work with the dog, then it needed to be re-homed. As for the biting, it sounded to me like the dog was too exuberant in its pursuit of the chickens and reacted to being prevented from the chase. (I'd truly like to know if it was a serious bite or a reactionary one, and if the latter, how bad was it?) Are you honestly going to tell me that such behavior can't be corrected in a dog?

Doesn't matter the why... If he bit anyone other than her, the sentence would be immediate and automatic. Since it was her dog, I guess it was her decision, which might not have happened but that it was the neighbor's livestock. No doubt that must supersede any mercy she might have given otherwise.

And she is talking about a BITE. As I opined earlier, a dog can be nippy - and I have often been warned bout it. a nip is not a bite.

And there are different levels of tolerance to some degree outside of that. For instance, breaking up a melee - especially among sled dogs and mountain dogs. That's done with a club - You literally have to beat them back from killing each other - There the bloodlust is on em, and there ain't nothing for it but to wade in and break it up... It's not uncommon to take a bite from that.

But a dog with the bloodlust in em (that won't come off a kill for instance) won't last for long otherwise.
So it is somewhat more situational up in the hills... But even there, killing livestock is death.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2024, 01:20:01 am »
About two weeks ago two dogs killed my grand daughters two pet ducks. Animal control took those dogs and put them down. Does that piss you off? @AllThatJazzZ

No, it doesn't. Without knowing all the details, it sounds like a reasoned response after pets were killed. Why were the dogs able to get to the ducks?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2024, 01:31:28 am »
A friend's Heeler nipped me hard... Left a mark and later a bruise and a hella big blood blister on my calf... He figured I was hurting my friend's daughter (which I wasn't... she was on the trampoline and we were playing around with her mamma right there).

I didn't hold it against him - He was doing his job, and I told my friend so, as he felt he should be mad at the dog for it... But I did finagle an extra piece of pie over it... And it was a fat piece of pie, which was the missus showing her appreciation.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2024, 01:37:54 am »
A friend's Heeler nipped me hard... Left a mark and later a bruise and a hella big blood blister on my calf... He figured I was hurting my friend's daughter (which I wasn't... she was on the trampoline and we were playing around with her mamma right there).

I didn't hold it against him - He was doing his job, and I told my friend so, as he felt he should be mad at the dog for it... But I did finagle an extra piece of pie over it... And it was a fat piece of pie, which was the missus showing her appreciation.
There are extenuating circumstances where nips can be forgiven.
Biting the owner is in a different weight class, as is biting family members, or killing livestock.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2024, 01:38:26 am »

Is there anything you haven't been doing all your life?  :pondering:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2024, 01:39:24 am »
There are extenuating circumstances where nips can be forgiven.
Biting the owner is in a different weight class, as is biting family members, or killing livestock.

That's right. You get a feel for it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2024, 01:40:35 am »
Is there anything you haven't been doing all your life?  :pondering:

Yeah... I ain't been in the city much. All the rest is just part of living out here.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2024, 01:41:19 am »
Yeah... I ain't been in the city much. All the rest is just part of living out here.
:beer:

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2024, 01:58:44 am »
I would have guessed suffering fools :silly: :silly: :silly: