Author Topic: PETA calls Noem a ‘psychotic loony’ for deadly dog story  (Read 5740 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
PETA calls Noem a ‘psychotic loony’ for deadly dog story
« on: April 27, 2024, 01:02:11 am »
PETA calls Noem a ‘psychotic loony’ for deadly dog story
By
Elaine Mallon
April 26, 2024 7:04 pm

Animal rights nonprofit group PETA has strongly condemned Gov. Kristi Noem (R-SD) after she recently shared a story about her killing her 14-month-old dog, “Cricket,” for his lousy hunting skills.

The story is published in her book No Going Back: The Truth on What’s Wrong with Politics and How We Move America Forward and was intended to show that when it came to politics or personal life, she wasn’t afraid of getting “messy and ugly.” It instead garnered sharp criticism from animal lovers everywhere. 

“Most Americans love their dogs, and we suspect that they will consider Gov. Noem a psychotic loony for letting this rambunctious puppy loose on chickens and then punishing her by deciding to personally blow her brains out rather than attempting to train her or find a more responsible guardian who would provide her with a proper home,” PETA Senior Director Colleen O’Brien said in a statement to the Washington Examiner. “Gov. Noem obviously fails to understand the vital political concepts of education, cooperation, compromise, and compassion.

Noem decided to shoot Cricket after the dog killed a local family’s chickens after a pheasant hunting trip and then bit her when she tried to intervene. Noem said she “hated that dog” and deemed it “less than worthless” for being unable to hunt properly.

After taking the dog to a gravel pit and shooting it, she also shot a goat she owned, which she said stunk and was “nasty and mean.”

Later on, her daughter arrived home and asked where Cricket was.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/state/2981722/peta-noem-psychotic-loony-deadly-dog-story/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: PETA calls Noem a ‘psychotic loony’ for deadly dog story
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2024, 01:12:14 am »
Why she would bring up shooting animals in a book about politics to convey she's not afraid of getting messy or ugly is a bit of a concern.  I haven't read the book and perhaps what she was trying to convey was taken out of context? 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 01:15:30 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2024, 01:38:39 am »
Maybe it was a bit over the top.

But what I see is someone being worried about a dog having killed someone else’s property, getting a taste for it, and then lashing out at her in the process.

My dad would approve.  Their backwoods Maine huge family loved their dogs, small hunting dogs, but had no sentimental illusions about them.  Very practical.

Sure, you might say they could turn it over to the pound or otherwise try to pawn off the dog on someone else.  But that wasn’t the mindset so much.  And frankly, I’m tired of people strictly judging others by their strict milquetoast view of everything these days.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2024, 02:02:11 am »
No problemo.

Of course you shoot the dog.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2024, 02:04:03 am »
Get out of town a mile or two and a dog that chases livestock - not to mention killing them - Is automatically and rightfully dispatched.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2024, 03:06:27 am »
 :pondering: Is this the same PETA that "rescued" God knows how many dogs and cats by killing them and throwing them in dumpsters? They are not in any position to judge or condemn anyone else **nononono*

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2024, 03:11:52 am »
No problemo.

Of course you shoot the dog.
Not just for the chickens, but for biting her when she tried to stop it.

Sorry, but no dog has ever long survived biting a family member.

You don't turn on your own pack.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 03:14:11 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2024, 03:12:32 am »
Sounds like she's got some issues
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2024, 04:02:36 am »
It's an animal, her animal... I have no problem in owners managing their flocks which includes dogs and cats. We did on our farm... the cat population got to high, we thinned the flock. Dog got too old, we took care of it instead of visiting a vet. Since when did animals others own elevate them above humans. Like my cat and dog... treat them well, but if my dog starts killing my chickens, she will get the same fate.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2024, 04:18:09 am »
Not just for the chickens, but for biting her when she tried to stop it.

Sorry, but no dog has ever long survived biting a family member.

You don't turn on your own pack.

That's right. She's damn well right, without question - Though many city dwellers hereon may not understand.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2024, 05:38:04 am »
Do you know what happens if you take a stray cat or dog to PETA?  They kill them immediately, because they are opposed to people keeping pets.  They don't take them somewhere to be adopted. 

I don't give a flying fig what PETA thinks of Governor Noem.  I don't care what they think about anything.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2024, 05:40:49 am »
:pondering: Is this the same PETA that "rescued" God knows how many dogs and cats by killing them and throwing them in dumpsters? They are not in any position to judge or condemn anyone else **nononono*

Sorry, I missed your post.  You are spot on.  PETA is opposed to people keeping any animals as pets, so they destroy any pets brought to them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2024, 11:58:51 am »
She probably did the appropriate thing in the particular situation, but it's an odd thing for a politician to admit doing.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2024, 05:09:06 pm »
She probably did the appropriate thing in the particular situation, but it's an odd thing for a politician to admit doing.

Especially in her book where it is now documented.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2024, 05:11:15 pm »
She also had to put down 3 horses -- no different that having to put down a dog that is suffering.

"We love animals, but tough decisions like this happen all the time on a farm. Sadly, we just had to put down 3 horses a few weeks ago that had been in our family for 25 years," the governor admitted.........

https://www.foxnews.com/media/social-media-disturbed-gov-noems-story-shooting-her-14-month-old-dog-not-normal

Offline banddag

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2024, 05:15:54 pm »
14 months old is still considered a puppy. I bet they gave that dog zero training since they got it.

Idiot woman. I wanted her for President at one time.

Offline corbe

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2024, 05:20:47 pm »
   The ragheads won't vote for her cause she shot a sexy Goat.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2024, 05:28:40 pm »
Sorry folks, in the country if a dog chases livestock, dog takes a dirt nap.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2024, 05:30:11 pm »
14 months old is still considered a puppy. I bet they gave that dog zero training since they got it.

Agree

I’ve trained all my own labs for hunting and every one of them has been obedience trained and trained to leave my wife’s chickens alone. I had one lab that at nine months old, did get a hold of a chicken and I corrected that behavior immediately and permanently

And then to practically brag about shooting a dog tells me that she’s a little loose in the head

And the so-called snapping at her was probably an impulsive reaction versus being vicious.  A behavior that needs to be quickly corrected, but can be.

I’ve seen many times when people get a dog and don’t take any time to train it and then become indignant that the dog doesn’t listen to them

« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 05:32:33 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2024, 05:33:46 pm »

Yes, 14 months is still a pup and was shot for killing the neighbor's chickens.  Not something that I would do, and a dog around chickens, especially a hunting dog is going to go after them.  I have a dog and if he wasn't contained he'd go after smaller dogs, rabbits, squirrels, birds, etc. Once he is fixated on a smaller animal, there's no holding him back. With people, he's very loving, loyal and obedient. It is the nature of many dogs and with mine, it is the breeds of the dog; Akita, Whippet, Shepherd and Boxer. The Akita and Whippet are known to hunt. We have a fenced in yard for that reason.  Squirrels have come over on the other side of the fence and he's been right on them and luckily they have been able to quickly jump back over the fence onto a tree.

To shoot a puppy??  Nope.  I think she was wrong. To document the event in her book to prove she has to make choices that aren't pleasant - I think she's done herself more harm them good in making that announcement.  I don't see being able to kill an animal, especially a puppy as an attribute.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 05:39:24 pm by libertybele »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2024, 05:53:10 pm »
In my retirement, as part of the process, take interior photos of peoples' homes for mortgage service companies and banks when they want to eliminate their Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) premium payments.

Only two reasons I am ever late for an appointments. Traffic...and dogs!   happy77

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2024, 05:58:02 pm »
Around here the decision wouldn't have ultimately been up to her. If she hadn't done it, animal control would have. Two weeks ago two dogs killed  my grand daughters two pet ducks. Animal control took the dogs and those dogs have been put down.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2024, 06:10:17 pm »
Around here the decision wouldn't have ultimately been up to her. If she hadn't done it, animal control would have. Two weeks ago two dogs killed  my grand daughters two pet ducks. Animal control took the dogs and those dogs have been put down.

Sometimes these “bleeding hearts” are more upset HOW it is done than that IT is done at all.

Can’t tell how many times I hear in racing circles how horrible it is that someone shot the horse, etc.  in the old days, too.  Instead of the kindly IV.  Ultimately it doesn’t matter, if the point was just to put him out of his misery.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2024, 06:16:00 pm »

Straightforwardness is also an oddity among politicians - One greatly desired.
I will reserve a final judgement on the matter until I have the proper context, and will find favor with Noem in the mean time. What she said is true. And proper. And said even though it would be unpopular.

That's all good.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2024, 06:18:11 pm »

In whose world?

In my day generally, 12 months was considered the end.  Still is in dog shows, except many specialties still have special 18mo classes whereas AKC all-breed never does.  Especially for small dogs but even most big dogs cannot really distinguish between a 1yo and 5yo.  Heck many of them look fully mature at 6mos.

If it’s a hunting dog it had to have some kind of conditioning, perhaps real training.

Don’t know the full story here but se la vie.  Sounds like farm living to me.