Author Topic: PETA calls Noem a ‘psychotic loony’ for deadly dog story  (Read 20279 times)

Online cato potatoe

Re: PETA calls Noem a ‘psychotic loony’ for deadly dog story
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2024, 06:17:41 pm »
It's a culture clash.  In the sticks, dogs and cats are not regarded as "fur babies."  The women have real babies.  As for the animal, when it's not too cold they tend to sleep outdoors in a kennel, and are often kept for their working abilities.

I am a little surprised she didn't ask somebody to edit the book if she planned to run nationally. 

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2024, 06:34:14 pm »
It's a perfect story to feed MAGA bloodlust.  In MAGA world, it's cruelty that matters.

Just ask Stephen Miller - architect of Children In Cages and Project 2025.  Separating children from parents is a sin against God, but, in MAGA world it's a measure of loyalty and dedication.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 07:05:50 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2024, 06:42:38 pm »
When she tried to correct the dog, it BIT HER!!!

Why is that being ignored???

This is not tolerated in my household, nor any others I know of. It is the Capital crime.
End of story. Dog gone.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2024, 07:01:28 pm »
And not a new phenomenon, pissing off pet loving voters.

I remember the bru-ha-ha this caused when I was a kid.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2024, 07:01:58 pm »
This is not tolerated in my household, nor any others I know of. It is the Capital crime.
End of story. Dog gone.

It's a working ranch in South Dakota, and most people will not get it unless they spend a couple of weeks on site.  My grandpa in rural NC shot 15 cats because they were overwhelming his farm and begging for food.  Undoubtedly he would be seen as a monster in some circles, but it had to be done.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 07:04:10 pm by cato potatoe »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2024, 08:00:01 pm »
Just ask Stephen Miller - architect of Children In Cages and Project 2025. 

I was not aware that Miller worked in the Obama administration, which was when Kids in Cages was done.  That Trump did it is an old, debunked claim by the Lefties. 

Newspaper photos showing it were shot during Obama's term, not Trumps.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2024, 08:06:56 pm »

End of story. Dog gone.

AND property destroyed. just as bad of a mark. Dog gone again, sommore.

Between just those two, the decision is plain.
I flat don't understand the friction.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2024, 08:09:02 pm »
It's a working ranch in South Dakota, and most people will not get it unless they spend a couple of weeks on site.  My grandpa in rural NC shot 15 cats because they were overwhelming his farm and begging for food.  Undoubtedly he would be seen as a monster in some circles, but it had to be done.

A feral cat infestation is no joke.

Online DB

« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2024, 02:20:13 am »
Well...

The poor judgement was putting it in a book.

People who have never been around a ranch or a farm are clueless of the realities of how the real world works.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2024, 02:24:11 am »
Well...

People who have never been around a ranch or a farm are clueless of the realities of how the real world works.
How in the dickens are the clueless to be educated as to how the real world works if we don't tell them? And it better happen soon, before they completely outnumber us.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2024, 02:39:07 am »
   The most wonderful Dog I've had in many years was the result of this type of behavoir though much more appaling.  A breeder that was raising coonhounds in the Beaumont area let the wrong person see what he was doing to his young hounds that were gunshy, he'd shoot them on the spot.  Harris County SPCA raided his farm, put him in jail and took his dogs.  A few wound up in a private shelter in Sequin.  I had to volunteer at her kennel for 2/days to secure Rita the Redbone's release.
   Best damn Woman I ever bailed out of Jail and I've bailed out a few.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DB

« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2024, 02:41:51 am »
How in the dickens are the clueless to be educated as to how the real world works if we don't tell them? And it better happen soon, before they completely outnumber us.

They already outnumber us. The city dwellers are regulating more and more farm and ranch land as they see fit. Emotions govern now.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2024, 04:13:55 am »
This story encapsulates everything that is stupid about American politics these days.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2024, 04:15:01 am »
Well...

The kind of idiots that think you shouldn't kill animals for food because you can buy meat at the supermarket.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2024, 05:45:55 am »

End of story. Dog gone.

Townies just don't understand. When a dog starts killing livestock, it makes them almost seem to regress to a wild and feral state. They get mean and will do exactly that. From there the bloodlust gets completely out of control.

They also tend to start running with other dogs in packs like a street gang, and they won't care what it is they go after. Seen it more than once back in the day. Next time it's somebodies little girl that gets mauled.

One of our dogs got into killing pigs when I was a kid, and he wasn't the same after that. Very aloof and not nearly as friendly anymore. One night he didn't come home, we figured a nearby farmer ended him.
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2024, 05:52:56 am »
Townies just don't understand. When a dog starts killing livestock, it makes them almost seem to regress to a wild and feral state. They get mean and will do exactly that. From there the bloodlust gets completely out of control.

They also tend to start running with other dogs in packs like a street gang, and they won't care what it is they go after. Seen it more than once back in the day. Next time it's somebodies little girl that gets mauled.

One of our dogs got into killing pigs when I was a kid, and he wasn't the same after that. Very aloof and not nearly as friendly anymore. One night he didn't come home, we figured a nearby farmer ended him.

Might have been me...  :whistle:

I live in the goldielocks zone for feral dogs and cats, and take the weight of all the predators trapped in town and 'let go' out in the country.

You get out in the hills a ways - Too far to drive - and suddenly all those unwanted animals go down to normal levels... But right outside of town, to about 5 miles out, well we get to be the 'beneficiaries' of the town folks good intentions...

Don't matter much. They just get a dirt nap. But it would surely be a blessing if the townies handled their own dang business.

Online DB

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2024, 02:51:43 pm »
We live in the I'm going to count to 3 generation... And it shows...

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2024, 11:37:45 pm »
She's crazy. If she did, in fact, say that she hated the dog, then she didn't shoot it out of compassion or necessity. There were other options -- not the least of which was to re-home the dog.

I'll never see her in the same light again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErulXnLRwU8

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2024, 12:00:58 am »
She's crazy. If she did, in fact, say that she hated the dog, then she didn't shoot it out of compassion or necessity. There were other options -- not the least of which was to re-home the dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErulXnLRwU8
Not many folks want the responsibility of re-homing a dog who you know will bite people.

It's one thing to re-home one because you can't get them to keep from chewing up your slippers or whatever to folks who don't wear slippers, but something else to do so after they bite you.

And a dog with a reputation for killing farm animals is always a liability.

City folks will see that differently, maybe.

C S Lewis

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2024, 12:08:36 am »
Not many folks want the responsibility of re-homing a dog who you know will bite people.

It's one thing to re-home one because you can't get them to keep from chewing up your slippers or whatever to folks who don't wear slippers, but something else to do so after they bite you.

And a dog with a reputation for killing farm animals is always a liability.

City folks will see that differently, maybe.

I take it you disagree with the dog trainer?

I must say that I'm flummoxed by so many on this thread who are making excuses for her. She's not tough. She doesn't make difficult decisions. She's cruel. And a fool for including this incident in her book.

For the record, thanks to the Dog Whisperer, I do believe you can re-home a dog. And that you can teach it how to behave properly. But only if that's a priority for you. But if you just need the problem gone, bang bang. Sickening.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2024, 12:09:44 am »

It is considered bad form to rehome a problem dog in the country... foisting your problem off on others...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 12:38:02 am by roamer_1 »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2024, 12:13:14 am »

I must say that I'm flummoxed by so many on this thread who are making excuses for her. She's not tough. She doesn't make difficult decisions. She's cruel. And a fool for including this incident in her book.

For the record, thanks to the Dog Whisperer, I do believe you can re-home a dog. And that you can teach it how to behave properly. But only if that's a priority for you. But if you just need the problem gone, bang bang. Sickening.

This dog WAS rehomed - to Noem. She isn't cruel. She did a necessary act.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2024, 12:13:31 am »
It is considered bad form to rehome a problem dog in the ountry... foisting your problem off on others...

OMG. Country folk would rather kill a dog than re-home it? I may have to take another look at country folk.  **nononono*

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2024, 12:14:58 am »

Not many people are true dog whisperers. You could end up like that bear whisperer.
Sorry, but that boat sailed when the dog bit the owner. Game over. But go ahead. adopt some dog that mauled a kid or bit the owner and have them watch your kids. In farm country, you need the problem gone. A line (actually two lines) has been crossed.

But by all means, if you want, adopt one of these poor, misunderstood, critters that bites the hand that feeds it, and rehabilitate it. I'd almost bet you don't believe in capital punishment for 'misguided' humans, either. As someone observed, had this been a pit bull, some folks here would be cheering instead of decrying Noem.

C S Lewis

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2024, 12:16:32 am »
Sorry, y'all. I'm going to align myself with the trainers. Even at my advanced age, I'm still learning. I never would have believed that I'd be butting heads with a bunch of conservatives who were defending the killing of a young dog.