Author Topic: The Democrats’ Plan To Steal The Presidency For Good> I & I Editorial Board  (Read 309 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Democrats’ Plan To Steal The Presidency For Good
I & I Editorial Board
April 26, 2024

While Americans brace for another contentious presidential election, the Democrats have a better idea: Subvert the Constitution in the name of “democracy.” Once again, the party of the left shows why it’s losing Americans’ trust.

Quietly but steadily, the Democratic Party has been advancing its latest bold idea to create a uni-party state: A “National Popular Vote Interstate Compact.”

In case you missed it, the Associated Press reported last week that “Maine will become the latest to join a multistate effort to elect the president by popular vote,” the 17th state to do so.

As the AP noted, “Under the proposed compact, each state would allocate all its electoral votes to whoever wins the national popular vote for president, regardless of how individual states voted in an election.”

The goal of this “movement” — it’s really a plot — is to get enough states to join to get to the magic number of 270 electoral votes, the amount needed to win the Electoral College. With Maine, the group now claims 209 electoral votes, a mere 61 away from their goal.

What’s wrong with this picture? Nothing, except it’s an out-and-out attempt at subverting the protections placed in the Constitution to keep from having a national popularity contest for the presidency. This is what Democrats call “democracy.” In fact, it’s a recipe for mob rule.

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2024/04/26/the-democrats-plan-to-steal-the-presidency-for-good/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

America does not have national popular elections.  There is no national popular vote.

American has state elections for Federal Offices - Congressman, Senator, President and Vice-President.  States elect the President and Vice President.  America is not a democracy; it is a Constitutional Federal Republic.

There is no legal rationale for a National Vote count to overturn the will of States' voters.

If anything, elections for Federal Offices need to be less centralized.  The DNC and RNC should stay out of state primaries.  Congressional District electors should not be winner take all - let each elector reflect the will of the District's voters, and let the Senatorial electors be allocated to overall state winners.

Both parties want national elections.  That way, Washington DC interests can run the country and ignore the will of the People.

The more we move away from winner-take-all for Congressional Electors to keep power with the People, and not the RNC, DNC, or UniParty.

It was the intent of the Founders to have the states diffuse the power and influence of national partisans.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 06:12:09 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.