Author Topic: The biggest winners of Biden’s student debt ‘cancellation’  (Read 348 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The biggest winners of Biden’s student debt ‘cancellation’
By
Jon Miltimore
April 26, 2024 9:54 am

President Joe Biden introduced new provisions to his student debt relief plan earlier this month, and the primary beneficiaries are high-income earners, according to a new analysis released by the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.

While Biden’s 2023 SAVE Plan already put taxpayers on the hook for $475 billion, the new plans add another $84 billion to the tally — largely by “canceling” the student debt of some 750,000 households making more than $312,000 a year on average.

The average debt relief for these households is $25,500, the study found.

In June 2023, the Supreme Court struck down the Biden administration’s previous loan forgiveness program, which was implemented without congressional approval. And like Biden’s previous attempt to stick taxpayers with hundreds of billions of dollars of student loans via executive action, the latest attempts have sparked numerous lawsuits and appear headed for a legal showdown.

“This latest attempt to sidestep the Constitution is only the most recent instance in a long but troubling pattern of the President relying on innocuous language from decades-old statutes to impose drastic, costly policy changes on the American people without their consent,” one of the lawsuits reads.

Whether the White House’s latest scheme fares any better in court than the previous one is yet to be determined. What’s clear is that it is a dreadful, immoral, and dangerous policy.

For starters, the public treasury is being used to pay off the student loans of families who represent the top 5% of earners in the United States. This would be an unjust, senseless, and reckless policy even in fat economic times. But the times are hardly fat.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/2980666/the-biggest-winners-of-bidens-student-debt-cancellation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: The biggest winners of Biden’s student debt ‘cancellation’
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2024, 05:39:46 pm »
Over-priced Colleges and Universities?

Student Debt Forgiveness is a subsidy for College and University revenue.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2024, 08:18:44 pm »
Over-priced Colleges and Universities?

Student Debt Forgiveness is a subsidy for College and University revenue.

Could well be. But if the borrowers paid their own loans...wouldn't the end result be the same? :shrug:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2024, 10:24:44 pm »

Could well be. But if the borrowers paid their own loans...wouldn't the end result be the same? :shrug:

If college applicants believe student loans are unaffordable, demand for college enrollment will drop and universities will be under demand-side pressure to lower tuitions.

////00000////

Those poor professors, administrators, trustees, and coaches will have to go on food stamps.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.