General Category > National/Breaking News

Gateway Pundit Declares Bankruptcy

(1/7) > >>

mystery-ak:
 Gateway Pundit Declares Bankruptcy

“TGP Communications, the parent company of The Gateway Pundit, recently made the decision to seek protection under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code in the Southern District of Florida as a result of the progressive liberal lawfare attacks against our media outlet.”
Posted by Legal Insurrection Staff Thursday, April 25, 2024 at 06:41pm

Thursday, Gateway Pundit founder Jim Hoft posted the following statement to his long-time blog:

April 24, 2024
    A message from our Founder:

TGP Communications, the parent company of The Gateway Pundit, recently made the decision to seek protection under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code in the Southern District of Florida as a result of the progressive liberal lawfare attacks against our media outlet.

This is not an admission of fault or culpability. This is a common tool for reorganization and to consolidate litigation when attacks are coming from all sides. It allows TGP to consolidate this lawfare in one court for ultimate resolution.

Despite the radical left’s efforts to silence The Gateway Pundit through censorship, de-platforming, de-banking, cut-off from advertisers, and other financial strategies, we will not be deterred from our mission of remaining fearless and being one of the most trusted independent media outlets in America today. We do not expect that to change.

Jim Hoft
    The Gateway Pundit Founder

https://legalinsurrection.com/2024/04/gateway-pundit-declares-bankruptcy/

goatprairie:
Not enough nuts going to Gateway Lunatic? Well, gee whiz that sure is a shame. Not that the Hoft brothers would ever print any salacious i.e. false stories. No siree Bob.  :silly:

DefiantMassRINO:
Defamation and libel are not free speech.  Criminal acts are not free speech.

The First Amendment is not a Get Out of Jail Free card to be an @$$hole.

If your media concern is going to bull$h!t, at least make it funny or entertaining:

PeteS in CA:
I'm not particularly sympathetic to Gateway Pundit, but have they lost a slander/libel case? Or merely been buried in possibly frivolous lawfare lawsuits?

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: PeteS in CA on April 26, 2024, 05:29:54 pm ---I'm not particularly sympathetic to Gateway Pundit, but have they lost a slander/libel case? Or merely been buried in possibly frivolous lawfare lawsuits?

--- End quote ---

After watching leftists for the past decade, I suspect TGP is inundated with frivolous lawsuits.  That said, TGP is not my first choice when looking for news.  They tend to ignore important details in their stories.   :shrug:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version