Author Topic: Navy's Latest Stealth Hunter: USS New Jersey Submarine Enhances Warfighting Capabilities  (Read 111 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy's Latest Stealth Hunter: USS New Jersey Submarine Enhances Warfighting Capabilities
Story by Jade Harper • 49m •

The seas are set to witness the manifestation of advanced military ingenuity as the U.S. Navy welcomes the newest addition to its fleet – the Virginia-class fast-attack submarine New Jersey (SSN-796). Touted for its stealth, versatility, and lethal firepower, this modern marvel has joined the Navy’s arsenal at a critical time when budgetary constraints and strategic shifts are redefining the landscape of naval warfare.

Delivered by Newport News Shipbuilding, part of Huntington Ingalls Industries, the USS New Jersey epitomizes the fusion of historical legacy and cutting-edge technology. It becomes the 23rd Virginia-class submarine to join the fleet, embodying a new standard in submarine design tailored for open-ocean and littoral missions, crucial for maintaining undersea dominance in the 21st century.

The timing of SSN-796’s delivery is poignant, juxtaposed against the Navy’s FY25 budget request which calls for the slashing of funds allocated to new submarine acquisitions.

As the Navy grapples with these challenges, the latest USS New Jersey, christened by Susan DiMarco, a retired dentist and wife of former Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson, promises to bolster the fleet’s capabilities. “It is a proud day for our entire team when we deliver a high-quality submarine like New Jersey to the fleet,” stated Jason Ward, NNS vice president of Virginia-class submarine construction.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/navy-s-latest-stealth-hunter-uss-new-jersey-submarine-enhances-warfighting-capabilities/ar-BB1m5D1K?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=6571edf8607f4ef08cd127bf6bc7bb9e&ei=50
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Zumwalt was a "marvel" too. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson