Author Topic: Smoke-Filled Cockpits Prompt Return to Older Generators for Apache Helicopters  (Read 168 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Smoke-Filled Cockpits Prompt Return to Older Generators for Apache Helicopters
by SOFREP News Team

The battlefield may be in a warzone, but for Apache helicopter pilots, a new threat emerged – one originating from within their own cockpits.

Safety Issues with Upgraded Generator Force Downgrade
The US Army and Boeing are taking a step back in Apache helicopter technology. They are opting to reinstall older generators after encountering safety issues with a recently upgraded model.

The AH-64E Apache, a mainstay of American attack helicopter forces, experienced a rise in electrical power generator failures in 2023.

These failures, linked to the Honeywell -11 generator variant installed during an upgrade, resulted in “potentially hazardous flight conditions and precautionary landings,” according to Pentagon reports.

https://sofrep.com/news/apache-helicopters-power-generator/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SNAFU!! More of that best in the world, top notch, better than double recess American military equipment doesn't work.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson