Author Topic: L A Times Editorial Claim that “The planet is experiencing a horrifying streak of record-breaking he  (Read 154 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
L A Times Editorial Claim that “The planet is experiencing a horrifying streak of record-breaking heat” is Unsupported by NOAA’s Climate Data
21 hours ago Guest Blogger 58 Comments

Guest Essay by Larry Hamlin

The L A Times published an Editorial claiming that the “The planet is experiencing a horrifying streak of record breaking heat” and mandates that  a “climate emergency” must be declared but then fails to present any data graph or tables in its editorial.

The opening L A Times editorial paragraph claims that for California “the last few months have been more than 2 degrees hotter than average”. This claim is erroneous as demonstrated in the discussion below.

NOAA’s data for the maximum temperatures experienced in California for the month of February 2024 as well as all February months for years from 1895 to 2023 are shown below.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/04/25/l-a-times-editorial-claim-that-the-planet-is-experiencing-a-horrifying-streak-of-record-breaking-heat-is-unsupported-by-noaas-climate-data/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Springtime here in the southwest corner of New England has been cool and mild.
Was in the 30's last night...