Author Topic: Goofy Greens and Regulators Threaten Nuclear Revival  (Read 376 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Goofy Greens and Regulators Threaten Nuclear Revival
« on: April 26, 2024, 01:59:05 pm »
Goofy Greens and Regulators Threaten Nuclear Revival
5 hours ago Guest Blogger

By Duggan Flanakin

April 16, 2024

Despite its commitment to “no more gas, oil, or coal,” Friends of the Earth has launched a campaign against one of the nation’s “greenest” governors, California’s Gavin Newsom. Their goal? To stop the U.S. Department of Energy from doling out $1 billion to keep the Diablo Canyon nuclear power plant (no gas, oil, or coal there) open past its planned 2025 closure date.

Newsom, whose policies are among the world’s most aggressive against gasoline- and diesel-powered vehicles and tools, last year stated that, “the Diablo Canyon power plant is important to support energy reliability as we accelerate progress towards achieving our clean energy and climate goals.” Diablo Canyon today supplies nearly a tenth of California’s electricity.

The aptly named FOE claims that “the environmental impacts from extending the lifespan of this aging power plant at this point in time have not been adequately addressed or disclosed to the public.” Other groups, too, spread fear about nuclear energy. But by far the most powerful obstacle for nuclear energy enthusiasts to overcome lies within the federal government.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/04/26/goofy-greens-and-regulators-threaten-nuclear-revival/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Goofy Greens and Regulators Threaten Nuclear Revival
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2024, 10:18:44 pm »
It's not just the "goofy greens" and the "regulators".

I sense that... deep down... the public doesn't really want nuclear, either. At least not anywhere near where they are...