Author Topic: Over 200 US businesses put on notice with major new government regulations: 'This is about life and  (Read 78 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Over 200 US businesses put on notice with major new government regulations: 'This is about life and death'
© Provided by The Cool Down

In a move that advances the country's commitment to environmental justice, the Biden
Administration announced new government regulations that strive to reduce toxic pollution released from industrial plants and protect the health of disadvantaged communities nearby.

As The New York Times reported, under the new guidelines from the Environmental Protection Agency, over 200 chemical plants must reduce harmful chemicals that the federal government found to be carcinogenic.

The new rules focus on reducing two pollutants in particular: ethylene oxide, which is used as a sterilizer, and chloroprene, a toxin commonly used to make rubber footwear. The framework will apply to plants along the Gulf Coast, Ohio River Valley, and West Virginia.

The neighborhoods that surround the industrial plants are predominately Black and Hispanic, and their health has suffered over the years. In fact, one area has been labeled cancer alley, but the cries of injustice have finally been heard as the federal government holds big industry accountable. The hope is that the new policy will reduce cancer risk in these communities.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/over-200-us-businesses-put-on-notice-with-major-new-government-regulations-this-is-about-life-and-death/ar-AA1nGRUF?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=699c6be855684e03ae39c2c30c274e8f&ei=34
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Who needs jobs anyway?  Certainly not our professional welfare loafers and illegal newcomers! *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson