General Category > Economy/Business

Biden Calls for Record-High Tax Rate, Just a Few Points Shy of 50%

<< < (2/18) > >>

Bigun:

--- Quote from: rangerrebew on April 26, 2024, 01:42:40 pm ---He's doing everything possible to destroy the America I served in Viet Nam for. :reaper:

--- End quote ---

:yowsa: Welcome home brother!

DefiantMassRINO:

Drago:

--- Quote from: Hoodat on April 26, 2024, 02:05:42 pm ---It won't be a record high.

--- End quote ---
Perhaps you are thinking of the income tax rate? (That was higher than 44% supposedly, but nobody paid that rate...too many loopholes/deductions).

A Cap Gains rate of 44% would be a record high...see:

https://www.wolterskluwer.com/en/expert-insights/whole-ball-of-tax-historical-capital-gains-rates

Plus Biden's handlers are thinking about an "Unrealized Capitol Gains" tax...your house worth more than you paid for it...you own the gubberment the Cap Gains tax. I am sure the progressives would exempt "non-rich" homeowners, but you get the idea.

Hoodat:

--- Quote from: Drago on April 28, 2024, 03:51:07 am ---Perhaps you are thinking of the income tax rate? (That was higher than 44% supposedly, but nobody paid that rate...too many loopholes/deductions).

A Cap Gains rate of 44% would be a record high...see:

https://www.wolterskluwer.com/en/expert-insights/whole-ball-of-tax-historical-capital-gains-rates

Plus Biden's handlers are thinking about an "Unrealized Capitol Gains" tax...your house worth more than you paid for it...you own the gubberment the Cap Gains tax. I am sure the progressives would exempt "non-rich" homeowners, but you get the idea.

--- End quote ---

Oops.  Sorry, I missed that.  A capital gains tax rate of 44% would be a disaster.  Can you imagine a retiree selling their house and settling in a retirement community rental?  Just like that, 44% of that equity they worked all their life for would be confiscated.

Bigun:
The progressive income tax is the greatest evil ever imposed on allegedly FREE people.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version