Author Topic: Elvis’ granddaughter fights Graceland foreclosure sale and alleges fraud  (Read 372 times)

Online libertybele

Such a shame -- Graceland is a piece of history.  Hopefully she'll win in court.

Elvis’ granddaughter fights Graceland foreclosure sale and alleges fraud

Elvis Presley’s granddaughter is suing to stop a foreclosure sale of the late singer’s historic Memphis home, Graceland, scheduled this week, alleging fraud and saying the purported company behind the sale doesn’t exist and has no rights to the property.

Danielle Riley Keough, the granddaughter of Elvis and the current owner of the property, was able to get a restraining order against any sale before a court rules on her application for an injunction, according to court documents obtained by CNN.

Keough filed a lawsuit this month stating that last year, “Naussany Investments & Private Lending LLC presented documents purporting to show that Lisa Marie Presley had borrowed $3.8 million from Naussany Investments and gave a deed of trust encumbering Graceland as security.”

Lisa Marie Presley, Elvis’ daughter and Keough’s mother, died in January 2023. Lisa Marie Presley was the sole heir to Graceland and her father’s estate when he died in 1977, and its overall worth has now reportedly reached into the hundreds of millions of dollars.

“These documents are fraudulent,” Keough’s lawsuit alleges. “Lisa Marie Presley never borrowed money from Naussany Investments and never gave a deed of trust to Naussany Investments.”

The court document also identified a notary in Florida who said she “never met Lisa Marie Presley nor notarized any document for her,” despite her name being on loan paperwork. ................

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/20/business/graceland-elvis-granddaughter-fights-foreclosure-sale/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'd wager Memphis, Shelby County, or the State of TN, will step in before someone turns it into a theme park.

It is that historical.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Riley Keough is a pretty big movie star herself.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

I'd wager Memphis, Shelby County, or the State of TN, will step in before someone turns it into a theme park.

It is that historical.

It is historical but investors sometimes get their way with their $$.

Memphis wasn't a real good area when we went and visited Graceland and I'd assume it's gotten worse so perhaps 'investors' would like to see something that would profit themselves rather than preserve any history in the area.  :shrug:

OTH -- It's the home of Elvis though through the years his popularity has waned.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 11:26:31 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I hope Disney doesn't get it.  They've already ruined Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel Entertainment, and classic animated films with their work re-makes.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Graceland auction halted after Elvis Presley granddaughter's push for injunction
A company claims that Lisa Marie Presley took out a $3.8 million loan but never paid it back having put the Graceland estate up as collateral
By Michael Dorgan Fox News
Published May 22, 2024 10:30am EDT | Updated May 22, 2024 11:21am EDT

A Tennessee court has halted the Thursday sale of Elvis Presley's historic Graceland mansion.

Chancellor JoeDae L. Jenkins said at an injunction hearing at Shelby County Tennessee Chancery Court on Wednesday morning that the proposed auctioning of the property on Thursday will not go ahead after the Rock ‘n’ Roll legend's granddaughter claimed documents pertaining to the case were fraudulent.

The judge said he considered the real estate unique to the state and that there must be time for adequate discovery, and for the defense to address claims made about the potential sale.

The judge noted that this matter is of public interest, and that Graceland is part of the community and is well-loved.

A company claims that Lisa Marie Presley, Elvis’s only child, took out a $3.8 million loan but never paid it back having put the estate up as collateral via a signed Deed of Trust in 2018.

The company, called Naussany Investments and Private Lending, claims Lisa Marie never paid back that money before she died last year and the firm initiated plans for Elvis' former home in Memphis, as well as its surrounding acreage on Elvis Presley Boulevard, to be sold to the highest bidder at a foreclosure sale.

Elvis’ granddaughter, Riley Keough, is the sole heir to the property and has asked a court for an injunction preventing the sale, which was initially scheduled to go ahead Thursday.

Keough says that the lawsuit is all a scam, with forged documents and a fake shell company making the claim.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/judge-halts-graceland-foreclosure-auction-legal-battle-heats-up
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I've never been there but understand that the place is in the middle of a hellhole neighborhood.

If the granddaughter was smart, she'd hire somebody to disassemble the place, and then re-construct it about 70 miles eastward (or anyplace else in TN).

That kind of thing has been done before, and it can be done again.

Memphis ain't no place for a "Graceland"...

Online libertybele

I've never been there but understand that the place is in the middle of a hellhole neighborhood.

If the granddaughter was smart, she'd hire somebody to disassemble the place, and then re-construct it about 70 miles eastward (or anyplace else in TN).

That kind of thing has been done before, and it can be done again.

Memphis ain't no place for a "Graceland"...

I've been there -- Memphis wasn't the greatest area and we were told to be back in our hotel before dark.  Consider though on the grounds of Graceland Elvis' gravesite is there along with his daughter, Lisa Maria, her son Benjamin, Elvis' parents and his grandmother. His home is a historic landmark.

Sure it could be moved, but the grounds that Graceland sits on are beautiful.  Beauty in the midst of an area in turmoil.  Memphis had its own charm during the day with artists and musicians on the streets, restaurants that have been there for years, etc.  Of course I'm judging by our visit over 15 years ago too.

Memphis was the Presley family's home ... so where to move them and most importantly, the graves would have to be dug up along with the headstones and memorial.