Author Topic: Trump’s appeal request for $83 million E Jean Carroll defamation verdict denied  (Read 825 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump’s appeal request for $83 million E Jean Carroll defamation verdict denied
By
Brady Knox
April 25, 2024 2:04 pm

Former President Donald Trump’s appeal request for E. Jean Carroll’s $83 million defamation suit verdict was denied.

In January, Trump was ordered to pay $83.3 million in a defamation lawsuit stemming from his denial of Carroll’s claim that he raped her in the mid-1990s. Trump almost immediately announced he would appeal the decision, an appeal that was shot down on Thursday.

In an 18-page ruling, Judge Lewis Kaplan dismissed the legal argument Trump’s attorneys used, saying that the legal precedent cited “has no application to the present case.”

“In short, the argument — which Mr. Trump previously made to the jury, conspicuously without success, and which defies common sense — does not warrant dismissal as a matter of law,” he wrote.

When the ruling was made in January, Trump released a statement bashing the verdicts.

“Absolutely ridiculous!” he said. “I fully disagree with both verdicts, and will be appealing this whole Biden Directed Witch Hunt focused on me and the Republican Party. Our Legal System is out of control, and being used as a Political Weapon. They have taken away all First Amendment Rights.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/crime/2979579/trumps-appeal-request-83-million-e-jean-carroll-defamation-verdict-denied/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I guess she gets to go shopping...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online corbe

Though I believe it's plausible he would do Stormy and Karen and pay them off.  Unless Trump was doing coke I find it impossible to believe he'd do Jean.

young Jean
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

Trump should pay this right after Al Sharpton pays off his 26-year-old defamation judgment.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Hard to believe she will get away with this. Carroll laughed and basically bragged that it was a scam with Maddow, promising to buy her a penthouse if by some chance she actually gets the money. It makes no sense at all.

Anyone who has ever known Trump even 50 years ago should sue him NOW for 100 million dollars. Why not? Anything goes. Trump will always be found guilty.

If you sue Trump today for stepping on your toe 30 years ago, that's it. You win.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 04:54:34 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.