Author Topic: The goal of 100K artillery shells per month is back in sight, Army says  (Read 216 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The goal of 100K artillery shells per month is back in sight, Army says
The new supplemental renews the push to boost production sixfold since Russia’s Ukraine invasion.
SAM SKOVE | APRIL 24, 2024 02:13 PM ET
ARMY UKRAINE

The U.S. Army is on a path to triple its monthly production of 155mm shells following the passage of the Ukraine supplemental, its vice chief of staff said today.

“With the supplemental that just thankfully passed last night, we’ll be at 100,000 rounds by next summer,” Lt. Gen. James Mingus said at an event hosted by think-tank CSIS.

That’s more than three times the 30,000 shells that the service’s factories are expected to turn out this month, Mingus said, and will represent a sixfold increase since Russia launched its full-scale invasion of Ukraine in 2022.

Army officials have said reaching their 100,000-round goal depended on $3.1 billion requested in a previous version of the Ukraine supplemental.

https://www.defenseone.com/business/2024/04/goal-100k-artillery-shells-month-sight-army-says/396047/?oref=d1-homepage-top-story
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Something will go wrong.  Nothing the military does seems to finish on time. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson