Author Topic: South American gangs exploiting tourist visa program to burglarize wealthy San Diego neighborhoods  (Read 412 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
South American gangs exploiting tourist visa program to burglarize wealthy San Diego neighborhoods

04/24/2024 // Laura Harris // 370 Views

Organized crime groups from South America have been exploiting the Visa Waiver Program to burglarize San Diego's wealthiest neighborhoods.
According to several reports, members of these gangs have been conducting "burglary tourism," a tactic that exploits the "weak vetting system" of the Visa Waiver Program, which allows residents of certain countries to enter the U.S. after completing an online form called the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA).
However, instead of engaging in legitimate tourism, these individuals exploit the program for criminal activities, earning the program the moniker of "burglary tourist visa." (Related: Latin American gangs use security jammers to break into U.S. homes.)
In San Diego, authorities have arrested eight suspects, all Chilean nationals, believed to be part of a burglary tourist gang responsible for multiple crimes, including a recent burglary on March 29.
"The home is carefully selected. They’ve been watching from rented cars that blend into wealthy neighborhoods. They are masked, gloved and care little about cameras. They are in and out of your home in just minutes," said San Diego County District Attorney Summer Stephan. "When a burglary happens it’s your home, you never feel the same. This is organized. This is not some kid."
These burglaries carefully choose their targets, focusing on high-value items that can be quickly liquidated, such as jewelry, coin collections, cash and high-end purses.
Copycat burglar crews popping up in San Diego County

https://www.naturalnews.com/2024-04-24-south-american-gangs-exploiting-tourist-visa-program.html
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 12:44:56 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Why wealthy neighborhoods? That's where the money is!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Why wealthy neighborhoods? That's where the money is!
Not in favor of any of this ... but, they were the cheerleaders, supporters, and funders of all of this chaos.
They never thought it would ever touch them. They thought only Southern States, which they hate, would be affected.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Not in favor of any of this ... but, they were the cheerleaders, supporters, and funders of all of this chaos.
They never thought it would ever touch them. They thought only Southern States, which they hate, would be affected.
Perhaps, on some distant day, people will once again think how things elsewhere in the country would play in their own back yards. But these people have been playing NIMBY for so long they don't think it can happen to them. It's always 'fair' until it happens to you.

Foreign Armies which loot, pillage, (rape!), and burn seldom stay in one spot long, and will pursue the lowest hanging fruit along the path of least resistance. I must note Californians have been disarmed or limited in their ability to defend themselves by popular acclaim or capricious edict, and that makes for easy pickings for invaders.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 01:58:27 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis