Author Topic: Joe Biden’s Latest Billions for Ukraine Could Build Entire U.S. Border Wall  (Read 395 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Joe Biden’s Latest Billions for Ukraine Could Build Entire U.S. Border Wall

by JOHN BINDER 24 Apr 2024

A spending package that will send billions more in American taxpayer dollars to Ukraine, signed by President Joe Biden on Wednesday, could have built an entire border wall along the United States-Mexico border.

On Wednesday, Biden signed a $95 billion foreign aid bill that a majority of Republicans and Democrats in the House and Senate approved. The Senate, late on Tuesday, voted 79-18 to approve the spending package.

“You know, Putin started this war believing he could easily break the will of the people of Ukraine,” Biden said on Wednesday. “When that failed, he changed his strategy a little bit, thinking he could break the — break the will of NATO, break the will of the United States, break our will. Well, he’s failed again.”

The spending package includes more than $60 billion in taxpayer money for Ukraine — a cash grab that could build an entire border wall along the nearly 2,000-mile U.S.-Mexico border.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...s-border-wall/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I don't see this as a question of one or the other, only a relative metric of the priorities of this administration and Congress.

How much have we spent importing and distributing illegal aliens in the last three years?

How much would the wall cost?

One is a one time expenditure, with additional expenses for maintenance and patrolling/enforcing the barrier.

The other is an ongoing and growing expense which may cost us our Republic.

Seems to me that the priorities in DC are twisted beyond recognition, when the Executive Branch fails to follow Statute and refuses to perform its duties to the American People they allegedly serve, not rule.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis