Author Topic: Wisconsin Utility Proposes Third Rate Hike in Three Years for Renewables  (Read 81 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Wisconsin Utility Proposes Third Rate Hike in Three Years for Renewables

Linnea Lueken
April 18, 2024

Utility company We Energies is proposing a its third rate-hike in as many years for its Wisconsin customers, citing the costs from shutting down fossil fuel plants and the integration of renewables.

The company filed proposed rates for review by the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin (PSCW), which will set the rates for electricity, as well as natural gas and steam service, for the years 2025 and 2026.

We Energies cites three major reasons for their proposed hike in their press release, “reducing customer outages, building infrastructure needed to support jobs and economic growth in Wisconsin, and meeting new EPA environmental rules.”

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2024/04/wisconsin-utility-proposes-third-rate-hike-in-three-years-for-renewables/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson