Author Topic: Johnson says calling National Guard on Columbia protests would be 'appropriate' if threats 'not stop  (Read 239 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Johnson says calling National Guard on Columbia protests would be 'appropriate' if threats 'not stopped'
Protesters tried several times to derail Johnson's speech
By Elizabeth Elkind Fox News
Published April 24, 2024 5:24pm EDT

Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., is suggesting the National Guard should soon be called in to quell the Gaza ceasefire protests at Columbia University if they don't peter out themselves.

Johnson and several House Republicans visited the New York City Ivy League school on Wednesday as tensions there escalate over demonstrations that have had several Jewish students speak out publicly about fear for their safety. Columbia University students and those attending its sister school, Barnard College, have set up a tent city on campus in protest of Columbia's investments in companies linked to Israel.

Tensions over the issue almost reached a boiling point several times during Johnson's speech as pro-ceasefire student activists repeatedly heckled and tried to interrupt the Louisiana Republican with coordinated chants which included "We can't hear you" and "Mike, you s---."

"Enjoy your free speech," Johnson shot back at the protesters at one point early on.

Later when asked whether he would urge President Biden to call the National Guard in to the campus, Johnson said he would be speaking with the president shortly – and did not rule out suggesting federal troops.

"My intention is to call President Biden after we leave here and share with him what we have seen with our own two eyes and demand that he take action. There is executive authority that'd be appropriate if this is not contained quickly, and if these threats and intimidation are not stopped, there is an appropriate time for the National Guard," Johnson said.

"We have to bring order to these campuses. We cannot allow this to happen around the country. We are better than this."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/johnson-calling-national-guard-columbia-protests-appropriate-threats-not-stopped
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I agree.

Make 'em watch Kent State videos first.
For... inspiration.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
KENT STATE, Pelosi quick knee jerk reaction to Jan. 6th, soldiers fences and machineguns.  One party tyrant rule, like a soviet/muslim take over.  Our stooges will again go into hiding.
 :smokin: :yowsa: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline libertybele

I'm not a fan of Johnson and find whatever he says doesn't have a whole lot of credibility.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Why was my posting blocked about Kent State?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions