Author Topic: Basis for energy transition fails: solar panel owner now has to pay a hefty levy, up to 46 euros per  (Read 176 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Basis for energy transition fails: solar panel owner now has to pay a hefty levy, up to 46 euros per month.

From one of our correspondents.

The Dutch energy supplier Vandebron will charge a monthly fee to customers with solar panels. It will be a variable rate that will be between 10 and 20 euros for most owners of solar panels. Vandebron says that this is necessary to distribute the energy transition more fairly. De Volkskrant reports that other suppliers will follow suit.

The distribution of costs is starting to be skewed.
Vandebron states that this is a fixed cost item that is included in the energy bill each month. This is calculated on the basis of the annual consumption and specifically the number of kWh that customers feed back to the provider each year.

Vandebron:

'On sunny days, much more green electricity is generated than we need in our homes at that moment. The surplus solar energy is fed back into the grid so that others can use it. But feed-in costs energy suppliers money. They pay imbalance and profiling costs to the grid operator for the feed-in of energy. And now that more and more is being delivered back, these costs are going up further and further.'

The first 5kWh that customers feed back cost nothing, but customers who feed in between 5 and 1000kWh annually start paying. They pay 4 euros per month. That amount then increases per 1000kWh to a maximum of 46 euros per month for people who feed in more than 5000kWh.

https://www.climategate.nl/2023/08/grondslag-energietransitie-faalt-zonnepaneel-eigenaar-moet-nu-forse-heffing-betalen-tot-46-euro-per-maand/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
De Volkskrant reports that other suppliers will follow suit.

Isn't this called collusion? :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Talk about a bait and switch!  People who installed solar panels on their homes were promised to make money from the excess electricity they produced, and now they're going to be charged heavily for it.  I'd be really torqued off if I was one of them!
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus