Author Topic: The West’s electric car giants now risk destroying themselves  (Read 94 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The West’s electric car giants now risk destroying themselves
APRIL 23, 2024
By Paul Homewood

It’s nice to see that Ben Marlow has finally woken up to reality, after years of promoting Net Zero:

For an industry built on the quiet purr of its expensive technology, the sound of the electric car market screeching to a halt is too loud not to be heard.

The ensuing pile-up threatens to turn into a battle for survival – the car industry’s equivalent of the Hunger Games that some of the biggest names may not walk away from.

The dynamics are very simple.

It is a classic case of supply greatly exceeding demand, in this instance brought about by politicians and regulators determined to impose arbitrary deadlines on carmakers regardless of whether they are realistic and without any consideration for the wider fallout.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2024/04/23/the-wests-electric-car-giants-now-risk-destroying-themselves/#more-72984
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson