Author Topic: Is Biden About To Declare Himself Climate Dictator?  (Read 97 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Is Biden About To Declare Himself Climate Dictator?
« on: April 24, 2024, 11:34:50 am »
Is Biden About To Declare Himself Climate Dictator?
by I & I Editorial Board  15 hours ago i

Democrats have already made it clear that they will stop at nothing – nothing – to prevent Donald Trump from winning in November. [emphasis, links added]

So, we aren’t surprised to read reports that President Joe Biden might declare a “climate emergency” this year in hopes that it gooses his reelection odds. Never mind that such a declaration would put the U.S. right on the path to a Venezuela-style future.

Late last week, Bloomberg reported that “White House officials are weighing whether to declare a national climate emergency several months out from the 2024 election.”

Bloomberg goes on to report that:

White House advisers are divided over the idea of declaring a climate emergency, with some saying it wouldn’t provide Biden with enough newfound authority to make substantial changes, the people said. Others, however, argue such an announcement would galvanize climate-minded voters.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/is-biden-about-to-declare-himself-climate-dictator/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson