Author Topic: No, AXIOS, the Dubai “Rain Bomb” Has No Ties to Climate Change  (Read 110 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
No, AXIOS, the Dubai “Rain Bomb” Has No Ties to Climate Change

By
Anthony Watts
April 19, 2024

An article written by Andrew Freedman, titled “Dubai’s record-shattering “rain bomb” has clear climate change ties,” published April 17th, in the online news website AXIOS makes the claim that record rainfall received in one day in the city of Dubai United Arab Emirates (UAE), has a clear connection to climate change. This is false. Not only is AXIOS conflating weather events with long term climate change, other evidence suggests this was little more than a rare weather event, which has happened before according to weather history for the area, and weak city drainage infrastructure was unable to handle the excess water.

The article notes the heavy rainfall and poor drainage stating:

At least two years’ worth of rain, or about 6.26 inches, fell in just 24 hours, qualifying as what have come to be known colloquially as “rain bombs” for their ultra-heavy totals in such short periods of time.
This amount of rainfall in a single day would cause problems even in more temperate locations, let alone Dubai, a desert city with poor drainage.

https://climaterealism.com/2024/04/no-axios-the-dubai-rain-bomb-has-no-ties-to-climate-change/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: No, AXIOS, the Dubai “Rain Bomb” Has No Ties to Climate Change
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 11:31:39 am »
Maybe they need to clean the camel sh*t from the drainage systems. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson