Author Topic: Climate activists have new target in mind for major summer protest: 'Make their lives miserable  (Read 286 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate activists have new target in mind for major summer protest: 'Make their lives miserable'
Story by Lawrence Richard • 3h •

A group of climate activists are eyeing their next big protest over the summer.

In a statement to group members and supporters, Climate Defiance is calling for a "historic blockade" of the Congressional Baseball Game, an annual competition where Republican and Democratic members of Congress compete in America’s favorite pastime.

"We - society, humanity - are careening into an abyss. The decisions we make now will reverberate not for centuries, but for millennia. If we do not act now, boldly and swiftly, millions will die from storms and from starvation," Climate Defiance said in an email to supporters.

"So long as Congress torches our planet, we won’t give them a moment of rest. It is unconscionable that they play games while destroying our prospect for a decent future," Climate Defiance founder Michael Greenberg said in a statement to Fox News Digital. "Our entire world faces imminent catastrophe. Congress has the power to save millions – even billions – of lives. The fact that they haven’t already ended fossil fuel subsidies is shameful. We’re shutting down the Congressional Baseball Game to send a message: we will do whatever it takes to force those in power to end fossil fuels."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/climate-activists-have-new-target-in-mind-for-major-summer-protest-make-their-lives-miserable/ar-AA1nw9xf?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=1c8a0a39c590472f8c5c611e81711523&ei=21
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Hyperbole run amok...but these younger generations lap it up.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Why are they pissed with congress, if they really want to go after those 'torching the planet' shouldn't their targets be more like China, India and others that are stupendously polluting?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Summer in DC? Spray them down with sugar water and let the yellow jackets take care of them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis