Author Topic: Speaker Johnson’s first big win By Washington Examiner  (Read 433 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Speaker Johnson’s first big win By Washington Examiner
« on: April 23, 2024, 01:32:12 pm »
Speaker Johnson’s first big win
By
Washington Examiner
April 23, 2024 12:01 am

House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) scored his first big legislative victory this past weekend, making good on the first promises he made in leadership that he would find a way to send much-needed aid to our allies Israel and Ukraine.

Contrary to what some are saying, Johnson supported more aid for Ukraine from the start of his speakership. Just two days after securing the job, Johnson told Fox News’s Sean Hannity, “We can’t allow Vladimir Putin to prevail in Ukraine because I don’t believe it would stop there, and it would probably encourage and empower China to perhaps make a move on Taiwan.”

Johnson was right then, and he is right now. His only misstep was agreeing with President Joe Biden and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) that the best path forward was to link Ukraine aid with border security. Ukraine’s fight against Russia’s invasion had nothing to do with Biden’s catch-and-release border policies in October of last year, and it still has nothing to do with them today.

Securing our southern border is absolutely a vital national security concern, but there is only so much Republicans can do to solve the problem when they control just one chamber of Congress. It is going to take a strong occupant of the White House with the will and determination needed to force Mexican cooperation to get the border under control again. Biden is not that man, and he never will be. The most Republicans can accomplish on border security is to avoid making the problem worse by bailing out sanctuary cities and codifying Biden’s catch-and-release policies. That is what the Mayorkas-Lankford border bill did, and Johnson was wise to reject it.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/editorials/2974374/speaker-johnsons-first-big-win/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Speaker Johnson’s first big win By Washington Examiner
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2024, 10:20:27 pm »
With "victories" like this...

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2024, 10:26:05 pm »
With "victories" like this...

Don't need to add anything here, all that needed be said was said.
The Republic is lost.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 04:08:34 am »
Article makes a ton of sense, especially on border security.  We all want it - but there is zero chance of Biden implementing it.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 04:32:23 am »
Yeah ... America will secure every border except its own.

Johnson's first big win was for the Dems.  What did conservatives get in return?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.