Author Topic: RFK Jr.: ‘I’m gonna put the entire US budget on blockchain’  (Read 266 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 RFK Jr.: ‘I’m gonna put the entire US budget on blockchain’
by Taylor Giorno - 04/22/24 11:46 AM ET

Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. said he wants to put the “U.S. budget on blockchain,” a ledger of transactions typically associated with bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

“I’m going to put the entire U.S. budget on blockchain so that any American — every American can look at every budget item in the entire budget anytime they want 24 hours a day,” Kennedy said Sunday during a rally in Michigan.

The public accounting of spending would theoretically allow more transparency and accountability into how the government spends taxpayer dollars, although getting every government transaction onto the blockchain would be a Herculean task.

Federal spending is also controlled through legislation, which is available to the public, and federal departments are often audited by government watchdogs such as the Government Accountability Office and their own inspectors general.

“We’re gonna have 300 million eyeballs on our budget, and if somebody is spending $16,000 for a toilet seat, everybody’s gonna know about it,” Kennedy said, appearing to reference a long history of scandals stemming from reports that the Pentagon paid $640 per toilet seat in the 1980s and $10,000 each for replacement toilet seat covers in 2018.

more
https://thehill.com/business/4611426-rfk-jr-im-gonna-put-the-entire-u-s-budget-on-blockchain/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

Re: RFK Jr.: ‘I’m gonna put the entire US budget on blockchain’
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2024, 07:20:16 pm »
This is going to end up well..  NOT!
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2024, 07:45:45 pm »
Yeah the Black Hole Agencies won't allow that to happen.
The Republic is lost.

Online rustynail

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2024, 08:05:49 pm »
'He's going to put you all back in chains'.