Author Topic: NBC New York cites professor who links climate change to recent earthquake:  (Read 256 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NBC New York cites professor who links climate change to recent earthquake: Excess rain leads to floods that ‘could result in landslides’ that can ‘lubricate’ faults leading to more earthquak

Dr. Antonios Marsellos, an associate professor in the Department of Geology, Environment, and Sustainability at Hofstra University, tries to explain. "An earthquake is based on tectonic plates, and New York is sitting on a 'lazy' plate, which is good, meaning we do not have so many earthquakes, but there are other things that happen — too much rain or drought," Dr. Marsellos told NBC New York. The rain can lead to floods that if they go on long enough, could result in landslides. The slides can "lubricate" faults and may be a reason for the increased frequency of quakes, explained Dr. Marsellos.

Jeffrey Park, professor of Earth and Planetary Sciences at Yale University, also thinks that climate change had a hand in the earth moving billions of tons of rocks. "Dr. Park indicated the continuous rise in sea levels can increase the amount of pressure exerted on the Earth's shelves and coastlines, resulting in mostly scattered and infrequent quakes with long lead times. The positive takeaway is that experts say there is no need to be alarmed and no elevated quake is expected any time soon."

By Marc Morano
April 7, 2024
8:37 pm

https://pjmedia.com/rick-moran/2024/04/06/of-course-the-new-york-earthquake-was-due-to-climate-change-what-else-could-it-possibly-be-n4927945

Of Course the New York Earthquake Was Due to Climate Change. What Else Could It Be?

By RICK MORAN

https://www.climatedepot.com/2024/04/07/nbc-new-york-cites-professor-who-links-climate-change-to-recent-earthquake-excess-rain-leads-to-floods-that-could-result-in-landslides-that-can-lubricate-faults-leading-to-more-earthquakes/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
FFS  9999hair out0000
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis