Author Topic: The BBC and Guardian Have Been Raising the Alarm About ‘Deadly’ Heatwaves in Mali and Burkina Faso,  (Read 92 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The BBC and Guardian Have Been Raising the Alarm About ‘Deadly’ Heatwaves in Mali and Burkina Faso, Despite Little Rise in Average Temperatures in the Last 85 Years
BY CHRIS MORRISON 22 APRIL 2024 7:00 AM

Legacy media filled its columns last week with poppycock ‘attribution’ stories suggesting that recent heatwaves in Mali (the hottest country in the world), Burkina Faso and the rest of the Sahel would have been impossible without human-caused climate disruption. Needless to say, a number of important facts were missing from this latest bout of climate catastrophism. Average temperatures in both Mali and Burkina Faso have barely risen in the last 85 years, rainfall in both countries has increased slightly in recent times, agricultural production is up, while de-desertification is under way across the entire Sahel region.

This last fact is never likely to be mentioned in these footling stories dreamed up to promote Net Zero collectivisation. To do so would be to open a Pandora’s Box showing global plant levels have accelerated due to the recovering levels of carbon dioxide in a previously denuded atmosphere. A recent science paper revealed that over the last two decades, plant growth had accelerated over large areas of the planet. During the last 40 years, it is thought that there has been 14% more plant growth, bringing immeasurable benefits for local biodiversity as well as more food for human consumption.

The above illustration shows the boost to the natural world over just the last 20 years. Big increases in leaf growth are reported across India, Europe, Brazil and significant parts of Africa. The growth across the Sahel region south of the Sahara desert can be clearly seen.

https://dailysceptic.org/2024/04/22/the-bbc-and-guardian-have-been-raising-the-alarm-about-deadly-heatwaves-in-mali-and-burkina-faso-despite-little-rise-in-average-temperatures-in-the-last-85-years/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson