General Category > Elections 2024

Michael Douglas claims Biden ‘sharp as a tack’ ahead of fundraiser hosted by Hollywood couple

(1/3) > >>

mystery-ak:
Michael Douglas claims Biden ‘sharp as a tack’ ahead of fundraiser hosted by Hollywood couple
By
Asher Notheis
April 22, 2024 11:07 am

Michael Douglas defended President Joe Biden seeking a second term in office, waiving aside concerns many voters have about the president’s age, ahead of a scheduled fundraiser co-hosted by the actor and his wife, actress Catherine Zeta-Jones, this week.

Douglas, 79, is only a couple of years younger than Biden, and suggested that the president is doing well for his age. He added that Biden’s Cabinet wants to work for him again for the next four years, something he could not say about “the other candidate,” a knock against former President Donald Trump, the presumptive presidential candidate for the Republican Party.

“Well, I think that I walk a little similar to him, and the people that I‘ve talked to, and everybody that I have say he’s sharp as a tack,” Douglas said on CNN’s Fareed Zakaria GPS Sunday. “He‘s fine, we all have an issue of memories as we get older, we forget names, something, he‘s overcome a stutter in life.”

The actor also argued that Biden would continue to be mentally fit to be president for the next four years, as the country needs a president who has “some experience” and knows how to work on a global stage. He also described the election as the most important one of his lifetime.

The fundraiser will take place in Irvington, New York, on Thursday. Attendees must be a “U.S. citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident (i.e., green card holder),” with tickets ranging from $3,300 to $100,000.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2973974/michael-douglas-claims-biden-sharp-as-a-tack/

LMAO:
Who is he trying to convince? Us or himself

deb:
The emperor has no clothes, but it’s Hollywood’s job to convince us otherwise.

Wingnut:
Joe knows tacks.  Kids use to put them on his schools desks seat and wait for Joe to sit on it!

berdie:
I guess if you see the same problems you are facing, you tend to get defensive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version