General Category > Immigration/Border

CBP seeks input on plan to light up 25 miles of South and West Texas borderlands

(1/2) > >>

rangerrebew:
CBP seeks input on plan to light up 25 miles of South and West Texas borderlands
by: Sandra Sanchez

Posted: Apr 17, 2024 / 07:10 PM CDT

Updated: Apr 18, 2024 / 10:43 AM CDT

Deadline is Monday to submit public comments

McALLEN, Texas (Border Report) — U.S. Customs and Border Protection wants to add 25 miles of new lighting along the Rio Grande in West and South Texas.

The agency is asking for public comments on its proposal which would also include almost 20 miles of upgrading current lights and adding river access roads in Starr and El Paso counties.

South Texas border officials request info on ‘missing water’
CBP has given the public through Monday, which is Earth Day, to comment on its plans that the agency says are necessary for border enforcement.

“CBP seeks input on potential impacts to the environment, culture, quality of life and commerce, including potential socioeconomic impacts,” the agency posted on its website.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/cbp-seeks-input-on-plan-to-light-up-25-miles-of-south-and-west-texas-borderlands/

rangerrebew:
They will be eco-friendly AND bullet proof, won't they? :whistle:

libertybele:

--- Quote from: rangerrebew on April 22, 2024, 03:33:40 pm ---They will be eco-friendly AND bullet proof, won't they? :whistle:

--- End quote ---

But of course!  *****rollingeyes*****

GtHawk:
I guess I'm bad, because when I read "plan to light up" I was hoping it meant   :whistle:

rangerrebew:

--- Quote from: GtHawk on April 22, 2024, 05:07:06 pm ---I guess I'm bad, because when I read "plan to light up" I was hoping it meant   :whistle:

--- End quote ---

:laughingdog:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version