General Category > General Discussion

Fan Mail Friday (4-21-24)

(1/3) > >>

AllThatJazzZ:
Let's lighten things up, y'all.

1.   What’s your worst airport story?

2.   With whom would you most want to go out for a beer? (Living or not)

3.   What’s your favorite past movie to re-watch?

4.   Do you have a good sense of direction?

5.   If your pet had a human job, he or she would be a __________?

6.   What’s the worst hairstyle you’ve ever had?

7.   On a long trip, which would you rather have – a paper book or your phone?

1.   My BFF and I were going to Cozumel. Got to the airport and realized I'd forgotten the tickets.  9999hair out0000 My mother had to go across town to my apartment, pick up the tickets and bring them all the way out to the airport. In the nick of time.

2.   Glen Campbell  3333hugs 3333hugs 3333hugs I want him to bring his guitar and not have anything else planned for the rest of the day.

3.   So many, but for now I'll say "Gentleman's Agreement" since it seems so elusive and difficult to catch on TV. I don't think I've seen it all the way through from beginning to end.

4.   Outstanding sense of direction. I had a GPS in my bones before GPS was a thing.

5.   Rocket scientist (because he's brilliant) + dancing circus dog (because he's talented).

6.   That time after a home perm when I ended up looking like Richard Simmons. *bouche* :facepalm2:

7.   My phone. I can read + listen to music + watch a movie as my mood changes.

Smokin Joe:
1: Flew into Billings, MT for a connecting flight to Casper, WY for work. Had consolidated my essential tools into one box, which was left in Billings by the airline...It took a week for that bit of checked luggage to catch up, the guy who started the job made a complete mess of it, and I caught hell for his foul-ups, which would not have happened if my stuff had arrived at the same time I did.

2: Elon Musk (living), failing a cup of wine with Jesus, George Washington (not living).

3: Casablanca.

4: In the boonies, even caves, yes. On the interstates, the road doesn't always go where I think I should.

5: Bodyguard, companion, therapist (my only one), Security. (friend)

6: Thin. (and getting thinner). Never really had a 'hairstyle', ranged from crew cuts as a kid to small of my back today.

7: A book. You can flip back and re-read it easily, the battery doesn't die, and in a pinch, you can use it for everything from personal sanitation to tinder for starting a fire.

AllThatJazzZ:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 21, 2024, 09:34:26 pm ---
7: A book. You can flip back and re-read it easily, the battery doesn't die, and in a pinch, you can use it for everything from personal sanitation to tinder for starting a fire.

--- End quote ---

@Smokin Joe

Can't argue with the practicality of this.

mountaineer:
1. Paris DeGaulle, 1990. Took my parents to France. The trip was very nice, even though my father definitely was exhibiting the dementia that would take his life three years later. I wanted him to see some of the places he'd visited on his 1968 trip. We saw Paris, the chateaux of the Loire, Normandy, Verdun. We ate well and had some adventures (the truck stop breakfast comes to mind). This was the return flight. It was pouring rain and the airline  - I don't remember which one - somehow decided my mother didn't have a seat and she'd have to stay behind in France. I begged, I pleaded that they sit together and I'd stay behind. I speak some French, I said; they don't. My father is sick, I said. Don't care, the airline person said. After a great deal of time and agonizing, and looking out the window at our bags not being loaded onto the plane and getting drenched on the tarmac instead, we finally heard my parents could sit together and I'd sit elsewhere on the flight back to the US. I think I cried the entire way back.

2. Tough one. Maybe some Civil War character. I'd like to meet Cal Coolidge, but don't see him as a beer guy.

3. Several: The Wizard of Oz, High Society, Blazing Saddles, Casablanca, Cast Away (I don't know why), among others.

4. Excellent.

5. Paper shredder. I haven't had a dog for 28 years, but she was good at shredding. She utterly destroyed a pair of pantyhose -they came out the other end, to her embarrassment - and a Laura Ashley sweater, later known as a vest.

6. The late-80s perm.

7. Definitely a book. I don't use my phone except to check for texts in the morning. Otherwise, it's turned off.

libertybele:

1.   What’s your worst airport story?

Due to weather we missed our connecting flight from Dallas into Denver. Our flight in Denver was grounded for awhile due to weather and our luggage was lost for a couple of days.  We had to take an airport taxi from Denver into Grand Junction. Talk about a white-knuckled ride -- but the driver got us there just in time for us to meet up with our group and have dinner.

2.   With whom would you most want to go out for a beer? (Living or not)

This was a difficult one at first as there are so many famous people that I'd like to meet, however, I truly miss my brother who passed in 1993 - so that's who I choose.

3.   What’s your favorite past movie to re-watch?

The Blues Brothers

4.   Do you have a good sense of direction?

Not at all.

5.   If your pet had a human job, he or she would be a __________?

Security guard.

6.   What’s the worst hairstyle you’ve ever had?

In high school I cut my hair really short - Twiggy short.  Everyone loved it but me.

7.   On a long trip, which would you rather have – a paper book or your phone?

Years ago, I would have opted for a paper book,  but without a phone these days, there's no way to call people (no phone booths), text people or keep up with world events, notification of appts., travel arrangements, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version