Author Topic: Astrophysicist Warns About the Coming Little Ice Age: ‘It’s Already Started’  (Read 657 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Astrophysicist Warns About the Coming Little Ice Age: ‘It’s Already Started’
By Marc Morano
April 17, 2024
9:35 am
The Astrophysicist Warning About the Coming Little Ice Age: “It’s Already Started”

BY HANNES SARV

“CO2 is not a bad gas,” says Valentina Zharkova, a Professor at the Northumbria University in Newcastle, U.K. On the contrary, she points out, every garden centre uses it in its greenhouses to make plants lush and green. “We actually have a CO2 deficit in the world, and it’s three to four times less than the plants would like,” she notes, adding that the proportion of CO2 in the atmosphere has been at much higher levels throughout our planet’s history than it is now.

In fact, over the last 140 million years, the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere has been steadily decreasing and only now slightly starting to rise. It is currently around 420 parts per million (ppm), or 0.042%. 140 million years ago, it was estimated at 2,500 ppm (0.25%), or about six times higher. And it also meant a greener and more biodiverse world. If CO2 were to fall below 150 ppm (0.015%), it would already mean the extinction of vegetation and all other life. We came close to that during the last glacial maximum when it was at 182 ppm (0.018%).

Zharkova says that the fact that CO2 levels in the atmosphere are now increasing is a good thing. “We don’t need to remove CO2 because we would actually need more of it. It’s food for plants to produce oxygen for us. The people who say CO2 is bad are obviously not very well educated at university or wherever they studied. Only uneducated people can come up with such absurd talk that CO2 should be removed from the air,” says Zharkova.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2024/04/17/astrophysicist-warns-about-the-coming-little-ice-age-its-already-started/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

In the late 60s and throughout the 1970s, our winters up here in the north where harsh.  Somewhere around the mid 1990’s  up to around 2012, they  were a little little bit more on the milder side

Our last 11 winters have been colder and snowier with the exception this past winter nest because of El Niño. Now that El Niño is weaker, we’re back to cold

I have a hunch the  next winter is gonna be cold and snowier
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

In the late 60s and throughout the 1970s, our winters up here in the north where harsh.  Somewhere around the mid 1990’s  up to around 2012, they  were a little little bit more on the milder side

Our last 11 winters have been colder and snowier with the exception this past winter nest because of El Niño. Now that El Niño is weaker, we’re back to cold

I have a hunch the  next winter is gonna be cold and snowier

YUP. And the climate hawkers back then were claiming global cooling. Then Global Warming as we hit the Maunder Max... now here we go, as we cross the Maunder min, full circle... Back to ice age.

Why anyone pays any mind to this crap is beyond me.

Offline LMAO

YUP. And the climate hawkers back then were claiming global cooling. Then Global Warming as we hit the Maunder Max... now here we go, as we cross the Maunder min, full circle... Back to ice age.

Why anyone pays any mind to this crap is beyond me.

Our last several winters have been more like the winters I remember back in the 1970s up to the early to mid 80s

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

Our last several winters have been more like the winters I remember back in the 1970s up to the early to mid 80s

El Nino messes with it here. If it's El Nino, we'll probably have it pretty good. La Nina, and we are in for it.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Yup. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

Climate always changes. At one time, massive ice sheets covered my neck of the woods.  I've seen years when spring comes at the end of February to springs that don’t come till mid May

And nothing Granholm does will change that

Barry Goldwater

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Actually way back when there were no creatures breathing oxygen (or much fewer) and Earth atmosphere became too oxygenated and catastrophe happened, leading to the rise of the animal kingdom (layperson explanation), who breathed oxygen, and exhaled CO2.