Author Topic: Biden WH Weighs Invoking Climate Emergency To Hamper Oil Production, Garner Youth Votes  (Read 140 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden WH Weighs Invoking Climate Emergency To Hamper Oil Production, Garner Youth Votes
by Jennifer A Dlouhy and Jennifer Jacobs  9 hours ago in News 

White House officials have renewed discussions about potentially declaring a national climate emergency, an unprecedented step that could unlock federal powers to stifle oil development. [emphasis, links added]

Top advisers to President Joe Biden have recently resumed talks about the merits of such a move, which could be used to curtail crude exports, suspend offshore drilling, and curb greenhouse gas emissions, according to people familiar with the matter who asked not to be named because a final decision has not been made.

White House advisers are divided over the idea of declaring a climate emergency, with some saying it wouldn’t provide Biden with enough newfound authority to make substantial changes, the people said.

Others, however, argue such an announcement would galvanize climate-minded voters.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/biden-wh-weighs-invoking-climate-emergency-to-hamper-oil-production-garner-youth-votes/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online LMAO

So they’ll be free from their student loans, but they won’t be able to afford energy
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy