Author Topic: ClimateTV – U.S. Surface Temperature Measurements Redux: Still Not Fit for Purpose  (Read 97 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
ClimateTV – U.S. Surface Temperature Measurements Redux: Still Not Fit for Purpose
18 hours ago Anthony Watts 22 Comments

On episode 106 of The Climate Realism Show, we look yet again at the sad state of the U.S. Surface Temperature network, as host Anthony Watts has done yet another trip across the heartland of United States to get a fresh look at how these stations are setup.

In 2009, and then again, as a follow-up, in 2022, detailed inspections with station location data and photographic evidence the problematic stations were done. Stations providing official climate data that were sited in locations where surrounding surfaces, structures, and equipment radiated stored heat or emitted heat directly biasing or driving the recorded temperatures higher than were recorded at stations in the same region, uncompromised by the well-known UHI (that is widely ignored by alarmists and official government agencies).

Of the sampling of hundreds of stations across the country Watts and his volunteer team documented in 2009, 89% were out of compliance for proper measurement practices. In 2022, with the second inspection, that number rose to 96%. The trip last week, while taking a smaller sample than the two previous efforts, approached 100% as out of compliance.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/04/19/climatetv-u-s-surface-temperature-measurements-redux-still-not-fit-for-purpose/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson