Author Topic: Trump appears to be target in bill to strip Secret Service protection from convicted felons  (Read 749 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump appears to be target in bill to strip Secret Service protection from convicted felons
By
Ross O'Keefe
April 19, 2024 3:45 pm

One Democratic House representative has filed legislation that would block convicted felons from being protected by the Secret Service — which would affect former President Donald Trump if he is convicted in his trial.

Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS) introduced legislation on Friday that stated Secret Service protection would “terminate for any person upon sentencing following conviction for a Federal or State offense that is punishable for a term of imprisonment of at least one year.”

The DISGRACED Former Protectees Act reasons those convicted of crimes and sentenced to prison would cause “potential for conflicting lines of authority within prisons.” Additionally, it would “allow judges to weigh the sentencing of individuals without having to factor in the logistical concerns of convicts with Secret Service protection.”

While Trump isn’t named as the main purpose of the legislation, the bill’s fact sheet says his “unprecedented 91 felony charges in Federal and State courts across the country have created a new exigency that Congress must address.”

The bill also says it would apply to Trump if he is convicted. Thompson is a Trump critic, as he was the Jan. 6 committee chairman and recently called an “election integrity” event he held with House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) a “sham.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/2972422/trump-appears-target-bill-strip-secret-service-protection-convicted-felons/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline berdie

Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky.

Is everything just a game to you?

Offline berdie

Is everything just a game to you?

Well, in politics, yes. But I was speaking for Trump...not against him. Sorry you misunderstood.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Opening the door to have him eliminated if they can't stop him some other way.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bill of Attainder.

Offline LadyLiberty

How might this affect Hunter Biden re his gun charges?

Opening the door to have him eliminated if they can't stop him some other way.

And they're telling us in advance. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
And they're telling us in advance.

They no longer care what we do or don't know.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

They no longer care what we do or don't know.

I can't help but believe our Founders knew these evil doers would arise ----- and why they insisted on the 2A.

Offline LMAO

Not going to  pass

And even if it did, more likely would be shot down by a court

These people have to stop making laws and introducing legislation based on their personal vendettas
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 10:42:33 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

How might this affect Hunter Biden re his gun charges?
I Meme Therefore I Am 🇺🇸
@ImMeme0
Since a Democrat introduced bill to strip Secret Service protection from Trump, I can’t wait for Republicans to introduce bill to strip Secret Service protection from president’s children and family members who have federal gun charges and evading taxes.
Who is with me?
7:54 AM · Apr 20, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I can't help but believe our Founders knew these evil doers would arise ----- and why they insisted on the 2A.

:yowsa: I think our founders would ALL be astounded that our republic endured for as long as it did.

- J. R. R. Tolkien