Author Topic: Nightmare in Niger — Exclusive: Biden Administration Leaves Hundreds of U.S. Troops ‘Hostage’ in Nig  (Read 2827 times)

Online mountaineer

Rand Paul
@RandPaul
Congress never authorized sending troops to Niger. Last year, I was right to demand their withdrawal. If Niger doesn’t want us there, why waste our money and risk our troops’ lives for a hostile country? @POTUS, bring them home now!
11:50 AM · Apr 22, 2024

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Human folly, blind to election folly that powers it all!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
April 22, 2024
U.S. hands over $110m base to Niger junta to release 1,000 U.S. Army hostages, watches helplessly as base goes to Russia
By Monica Showalter

Joe Biden is a lucky bungler.

With no Fox News cameras around and nobody paying much attention to what was going on in Niger, a disgraceful, utterly humiliating exit of the U.S. military from that benighted country now led by a military junta, has dealt the U.S. another strategic blow, and entirely preventably. The crummy little tinpot junta now running Niger has managed to kick Uncle Sam around, much as the Taliban and Iran did, creating an accumulating pattern of lost U.S. influence. And sure enough, they got us good, because Joe Biden let them.

According to the New York Times:

More than 1,000 American military personnel will leave Niger in the coming months, Biden administration officials said on Friday, upending U.S. counterterrorism and security policy in the tumultuous Sahel region of Africa.

In the second of two meetings this week in Washington, Deputy Secretary of State Kurt M. Campbell told Niger’s prime minister, Ali Lamine Zeine, that the United States disagreed with the country’s turn toward Russia for security and Iran for a possible deal on its uranium reserves, and the failure of Niger’s military government to map out a path to return to democracy, according to a senior State Department official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss diplomatic talks.

The decision was not a particular surprise. Niger said last month that it was revoking its military cooperation deal with the United States following a highly contentious set of meetings in Niger’s capital, Niamey, with a high-level American diplomatic and military delegation.

The base was a critical node in the U.S. war on al-Qaida, ISIS, and all their evil little allies operating terrorist operations from the northern African region. Niger had been the U.S.'s bigfoot footprint in that region and its value was incalculable.

With that the baseline reality, some of the self-righteous karens at the State Department decided that now was just the time to lecture and hector Niger's mirrored-sunglass coup leaders about 'democracy,' as if that place ever had any idea about the concept.

The coup leaders didn't take it well, and ordered the U.S. out. To make matters worse, they held 1,000 U.S. servicemen hostage in the desert without water or food for weeks, as the U.S. attempted to hold on, until this past week when the U.S. agreed to fork over the brand-new state-of-art U.S. $110 million military base there just so we could get our service
members out. And to make it worse, they decided to hand it over to Russia.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/04/u_s_hands_over_110m_base_to_niger_junta_to_release_1_000_u_s_army_hostages_watches_helplessly_as_base_goes_to_russia.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DB

Online DefiantMassRINO

Projecting weakness and p!$$!ng away tax payer dollars trying to make another $h!th0le country safe for Democracy.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Thoroughly.

We make great pavement-penetrating ordnance that are perfect for airport runways.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Niger?  MSNBC and CNN must have missed this story.....   :whistle:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Mod2

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Level it.
Twice, if we're not too tired.

Last one out should have tripped the timers.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
We never should have gone there in the first place.

Kinda-shaky prediction:
The Russians won't do much better.

Less-shaky prediction:
Once the Russians, too, leave -- watch for the Chinese to move in and take over.

Online mountaineer

Exclusive: Russian troops enter base housing US military in Niger, US official says
By Phil Stewart and Idrees Ali
May 2, 20245:49 PM EDT  Updated 18 min ago
WASHINGTON, May 2 (Reuters) - Russian military personnel have entered an air base in Niger that is hosting U.S. troops, a senior U.S. defense official told Reuters, a move that follows a decision by Niger's junta to expel U.S. forces from the country.

The military officers ruling the West African nation have told the U.S. to withdraw its nearly 1,000 military personnel from the country, which until a coup last year had been a key partner for Washington's fight against insurgents who have killed thousands of people and displaced millions more.

A senior U.S. defense official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Russian forces were not mingling with U.S. troops but were using a separate hanger at Airbase 101, which is next to Diori Hamani International Airport in Niamey, Niger's capital. ...

The U.S. and its allies have been forced to move troops out of a number of African countries following coups that brought to power groups eager to distance themselves from Western governments. In addition to the impending departure from Niger, U.S. troops have also left Chad in recent days, while French forces have been kicked out of Mali and Burkina Faso.  ...

The U.S. official said Nigerien authorities had told President Joe Biden's administration that about 60 Russian military personnel would be in Niger, but the official could not verify that number.  ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Unprecedented Proximity: Russian Troops Gain Access to US Military Base in Niger
Story by Isaac Jones • 7h •

As the sun beat down on the dusty hangars of Airbase 101 in Niger, a curious and potentially incendiary new chapter in global geopolitics unfurled. Russian military personnel have entered an air base that hosts U.S. troops in Niger’s capital, Niamey, marking a notable shift in the nation’s allegiance and the balance of international influence in West Africa.

This development follows a decision by Niger’s ruling junta to sever ties with the U.S. and expel its military personnel. The U.S. had maintained nearly 1,000 troops in the country as part of its strategy to combat insurgents in the Sahel, a region grappling with violence from groups linked to al-Qaeda and Islamic State. A senior U.S. defense official, preferring to remain anonymous, described the situation as “not great but in the short-term manageable,” despite the unnerving closeness of Russian and U.S. forces.

The Russian move comes at a time when the U.S. and its allies are experiencing a reduction in military footholds in Africa, forced by coups that have brought power groups eager to distance themselves from Western influence. With U.S. troops having recently left Chad, and French forces ousted from Mali and Burkina Faso, the trend is unmistakable.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/unprecedented-proximity-russian-troops-gain-access-to-us-military-base-in-niger/ar-AA1o4ecW?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=ada31b6bd5e1411595d991df800d19f6&ei=88
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Is our military now providing Russia war material for their war with Ukraine?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mod2