Author Topic: Speech Police Strike Again As High School Student Is Suspended for Using the Phrase 'Illegal Alien'  (Read 120 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Speech Police Strike Again As High School Student Is Suspended for Using the Phrase 'Illegal Alien'
By Becky Noble | 3:07 PM on April 17, 2024The opinions expressed by contributors are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of RedState.com.

It is no secret that public education is little more than indoctrination at this point. The goal is to brainwash as many young skulls full of mush as possible, and that includes the approved words in the leftist vocabulary. Part of the "fundamental transformation of America" includes rewriting the dictionary and redefining words and phrases. It is something that Republicans and conservatives have been slow to call out and put a halt to. But just when you think that the left has reached the height of ridiculousness in their surveillance of American speech, wait a minute. 

Christian McGhee is 16 years old and a student at Central Davidson High School in Lexington, North Carolina. He was recently suspended for three days. Not for fighting or misgendering a transgender student but for using the term "illegal alien." Christian was in English class, where the students were given a vocabulary word assignment that included the word "alien." To clarify the assignment, Christian's crime was to ask his teacher the question, “Like space aliens or illegal aliens without green cards?” As you might expect, chaos ensued.

A fellow student was offended by Christian's question and threatened to fight him. The threat of physical abuse was apparently less of a threat than saying "illegal alien," but did prompt Christian's teacher to alert the assistant principal. According to Christian's mother, Leah, who appeared on the "Pete Kaliner Podcast" to talk about the incident, the assistant principal put both boys out in the hallway, where Christian again stated that he did not mean the question as an insult, to which the other boy stated he was joking when he threatened Christian. Problem solved, right? Not exactly. Christian's use of the term was deemed "offensive and disrespectful to classmates who are Hispanic," and he was written up for what was described by Leah McGhee as a "racially insensitive comment." Christian McGhee said of his suspension,

https://redstate.com/beckynoble/2024/04/17/speech-police-strike-again-as-high-school-student-is-suspended-for-using-the-phrase-illegal-alien-n2172901#google_vignette
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I believe the term used for "newcomers" in that actual law is illegal alien.  If so, he was suspended for using a legal term correctly. :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson