Author Topic: Biden suggests uncle eaten by ‘cannibals’ in New Guinea — but military says his WWII plane lost at s  (Read 173 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden suggests uncle eaten by ‘cannibals’ in New Guinea — but military says his WWII plane lost at sea
By Social Links forSteven Nelson
Published April 17, 2024, 3:50 p.m. ET

President Biden twice implied Wednesday that his uncle Ambrose Finnegan was eaten by cannibals in New Guinea after his plane crashed during World War II — even though military records show that the aircraft plunged into the Pacific.

“He got shot down in an area where there were a lot of cannibals at the time,” Biden initially told reporters after visiting a war memorial that bears his uncle’s name in Scranton, Pa.

“They never recovered his body, but the government went back when I went down there and they checked and found some parts of the plane.”

President Joe Biden reaches to touch the name of his uncle Ambrose J. Finnegan, Jr., on a wall at a Scranton war memorial, Wednesday, April 17, 2024
President Biden twice implied Wednesday that his uncle Ambrose Finnegan was eaten by cannibals in New Guinea after his plane went down during World War II.

After arriving in Pittsburgh for a speech on steel tariffs, the 81-year-old president told the same story.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/17/us-news/biden-suggests-uncle-eaten-by-cannibals-in-new-guinea-but-military-says-his-wwii-plane-lost-at-sea/
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 04:26:42 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Technically, he may not have been lying.  If he went down in the middle of a bunch of sharks, can't they be counted as "cannibals?" :whistle: On the other hand, that would be really stretching the truth which is nothing unusual for him.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 04:30:22 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rustynail

"but military says his WWII plane lost at sea"  Woke and Correctness requires them to say that.
 The President knows the Truth and is not afraid to hurt the feelings of some bone in the nose headhunters.