Author Topic: That Civil War Movie Is a Symptom of Hollywood’s Problems  (Read 166 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
That Civil War Movie Is a Symptom of Hollywood’s Problems
« on: April 18, 2024, 03:49:35 pm »
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2024/04/18/that-civil-war-movie-is-a-symptom-of-hollywoods-problems-n2637853

That Civil War Movie Is a Symptom of Hollywood’s Problems
18 Apr 2024
Kurt Schlichter

I saw the new movie "Civil War" so you don’t have to. You’re welcome, and you owe me. Fifteen years ago this month, I started writing for the legendary Andrew Breitbart at Big Hollywood, where we drew attention to the increasing wokeness of Tinseltown. That’s why I saw this movie – to see if Hollywood had learned any lessons. I think it did, but it learned the wrong lessons.

Spoiler alert—it’s a bad movie, and you don’t want to see it. I’m going to tell you some of what happens, but you shouldn’t care because, if you’re smart, you’re going to listen to me and not spend money on it.

The problem with "Civil War" isn’t its point of view, to the extent it has one. Now, you can tell that, beneath the surface, it has a generic left-wing orientation. The bad guy president is vaguely Trumpy. He’s a straight white male, of course. In fact, every single villain is a straight, white male. None of the major heroes is a straight, white male. You can make movies where the villains are straight, white males, and where none of the heroes are straight, white males, but it’s now a woke Hollywood cliche to make all the villains straight, white males, and none of the heroes straight, white males. You can’t unsee it. Rural white guy? Definitely a villain. Black woman? Hero!

More at URL above...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: That Civil War Movie Is a Symptom of Hollywood’s Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2024, 08:11:12 pm »
I had to look it up.  This is not a movie about the war in 1860, but about a future war were the good guys are the deep state, and the bad guys are us, as told by fictional lefty journalists.  Kurt is giving good advice when he suggests we give it a pass,
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: