Author Topic: Israeli Defense Force Uses F-35I Adir & "Fighter Jets" To Destroy Iranian Ballistic Missiles  (Read 95 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Israeli Defense Force Uses F-35I Adir & "Fighter Jets" To Destroy Iranian Ballistic Missiles

The Iranian attack on Israel using hundreds of ballistic missiles raises significant new questions about the evolution of missile defense
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATIONUPDATED:APR 15, 2024ORIGINAL:APR 14, 2024
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

The Iranian attack on Israel using hundreds of ballistic missiles raises significant new questions about the evolution of missile defense, the condition and effectiveness of Iran's arsenal and the possibility of new concepts of operation aimed at leveraging new technologies capable of sensing, tracking and destroying incoming missile threats at stand-off ranges from the air.

What part of Iran's ballistic missile arsenal may have been used for the recent massive "bolt out of the blue" kind of attack on Israel?  Which defensive systems are likely responsible for such a successful defense?

By all public reports, the Israeli Defense Forces have said that they were able to destroy about 99-percent of Iran's incoming missiles. How?

Israel's successful defense introduces significant tactical implications, because while precision interceptors such as Iron Dome and the Patriot missile recently provided by the US can certainly track and destroy individual attacks or even several attacking missiles at one time, even the most advanced or precise interceptors might be challenged to defend against a salvo of incoming Iranian missiles.

https://warriormaven.com/global-security/israeli-defense-force-uses-fighter-jets-to-destroy-iranian-ballistic-missiles-f-35-adir
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson