Author Topic: Democrat Sues Tarrant County GOP for Place on Executive Committee  (Read 128 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by  Emily Medeiros April 17, 2024

Chris Rector, who won a Republican precinct chair position, is suing the party after being deemed administratively ineligible.

After a former Democrat candidate won a Republican precinct chair position and was declared ineligible, he is suing the Tarrant County GOP and its chairman, Bo French.

During the March Republican primary election, Chris Rector won a seat as precinct chair position 4320 for the Tarrant County GOP. Precinct chairs are members of their county party’s executive committee, which assists in governing the local party. 

After reviewing public records showing Rector’s affiliation with the Democrat Party, French declared that Rector was administratively ineligible for the position.

According to the records, Rector is a member of the Democrat Party, ran for the Texas House of Representatives as a Democrat in 2022, and ran for U.S. Congress as a Democrat candidate in 2024.

In social media posts, Rector even admitted to being a Democrat, saying in one post, “I’m no Biden fan and I’m no Trump fan. I’m a Democrat though.”

In another post on X from 2022, Rector encouraged voters to “turn Texas blue.”

More: https://texasscorecard.com/local/democrat-sues-tarrant-county-gop-for-place-on-executive-committee/