Author Topic: Cut the check: Trump asks for 5% from down-ballot candidates who use his image  (Read 1680 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cut the check: Trump asks for 5% from down-ballot candidates who use his image
By
Brady Knox
April 17, 2024 5:15 pm

Former President Donald Trump’s campaign is asking for a 5% cut of funds from candidates who fundraise off of his image and likeness.

In a letter sent to Republican digital vendors, obtained by Politico, Trump campaign co-managers Chris LaCivita and Susie Wiles requested the funds be sent to Trump National Committee JFC. All candidates or committees that use his image and likeness fall under the requirements outlined.
“Beginning tomorrow, we ask that all candidates and committees who choose to use President
Trump’s name, image, and likeness split a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to
Trump National Committee JFC,” the letter said. “This includes but is not limited to sending to the house file, prospecting vendors, and advertising.”

It also said those choosing to donate more than the 5% would be remembered and viewed favorably by Trump and Republican National Committee leadership.

“Any split that is higher than 5% will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump’s campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations,” it said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/2969838/trump-asks-5-percent-candidates-use-his-image/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Then Republican down ticket candidates should refrain from using his image

It’ll be a win-win. They don’t have to pay him and may  have a better chance of winning their elections by not being associated with him

Our own Senator ran  for reelection in 2022 and separated him himself from Donald Trump, and won reelection against his Democrat opponent
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online banddag

It also said those choosing to donate more than the 5% would be remembered and viewed favorably by Trump and Republican National Committee leadership.

This is why the dumbest thing ever was to allow the trump family to take over the RNC. The RNC should be independent from any candidate.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Unenforceable.  :pootrump:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
NIL works in college.  Why not politics?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline NavyCanDo

The top of the ticket has always accepted responsibility for helping the underticket because 1.) the top guy generally has more credibility and pull so it’s easier for him to raise money and 2.) the top guy needs a House and Senate controlled by his party. But accepting responsibility has never been a Trump trait.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Then Republican down ticket candidates should refrain from using his image

According to this, they can't even use Trump's name without paying 5%.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Double edged extortion. 

Pay up the grift, or incur the wrath of the orange menace by not seeking his endorsement.

Is this 5% of the entire campaign budget, or specific ads?  Trump's a sleaze.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Lol, in my state two of the congresscritters basically posted every picture/quote/endorsement from Trump they could of, painting the picture of them on their knees in my mind. Katie Britt (Shelby's lapdog before he retired) and Tommie Tubberville (the out of state person who suddenly wanted in politics). I wonder if they are so adamant now (at a 5% disadvantage fundraising).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

NIL works in college.  Why not politics?

Because you are taking the image/name/likeness of a private person and using it for commercial endorsements.  You can't state or imply publicly a person's commercial endorsement of something without their permission.

However, if an athlete makes gratuitous public statements about a product, like in an interview or something, then that commercial entity could use those words without paying NiL because the player put those words in the public domain of their own volition.  Image and likeness would still require compensation, though.

Trump is a public political figure, so his public statements regarding political matters, including any endorsements, are a matter of public record and can be repeated by anyone.  For either positive or negative purposes.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 04:34:04 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Trump 2024 - Nobody Rides for Free
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

Double edged extortion. 

Pay up the grift, or incur the wrath of the orange menace by not seeking his endorsement.

We’ll be extremely lucky if 2024 doesn’t turn to a blue wave
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

Double edged extortion. 

You've got to pay the vig if you want to expect any help from the RNC  :silly:

Offline libertybele

I agree. We're going to see a blue tsunami.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Sure, at the rate you're praying for one.

Offline libertybele

Sure, at the rate you're praying for one.

*****rollingeyes***** :silly: 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

The best chance for the Republican Party this year is the Senate and possibly some local races. I don’t see the House  staying in Republican hands and Biden more than likely is  going back to the White House. As of now, I see no sign of Biden  stepping down and being replaced at the last minute by another Democrat

Barry Goldwater

Online Right_in_Virginia

This is your best selfie yet ---- it captures the essential you @libertybele    Thanks for sharing  :beer:

« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 10:47:58 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline roamer_1

The best chance for the Republican Party this year is the Senate and possibly some local races. I don’t see the House  staying in Republican hands and Biden more than likely is  going back to the White House. As of now, I see no sign of Biden  stepping down and being replaced at the last minute by another Democrat

And no wonder. The Republicans are standing upon nothing.

Offline libertybele

This is your best selfie yet ---- it captures the essential you @libertybele    Thanks for sharing  :beer:

Obviously you've had a bad day -- or you're realizing that they're never going to let Trump get re-elected and you're besides yourself.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

And no wonder. The Republicans are standing upon nothing.

The slimness of the majority maximizes the power of each member, and of each faction.  That makes it almost impossible for them to stick together on anything controversial.

If we want a more conservative House, we have to elect more conservatives.  There aren't any shortcuts.  Trying shortcuts by vacating the Speakership or by minorities acting as disruptors will not work, and likely only reduce the chances of electing more conservatives.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Whether you support Ukraine or not, Ukraine falling would have been a disaster for Republicans because they - quite rightly - would have been blamed for holding up military aid.  Still may be blamed for delaying it so along.  But at least the bill passed with majority GOP support, so the GOP can blunt any attacks in that line in the general election.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Obviously you've had a bad day -- or you're realizing that they're never going to let Trump get re-elected and you're besides yourself.

I've had a damn good day @libertybele ---- very productive and fun, even a dinner with my husband and our boys I didn't have to cook!   happy77

I don't know the outcome in November ---- I just know we won't recover from Donald Trump's loss.  I believe you're okay with this ---- more likely, it's your preference.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I've had a damn good day @libertybele ---- very productive and fun, even a dinner with my husband and our boys I didn't have to cook!   happy77

I don't know the outcome in November ---- I just know we won't recover from Donald Trump's loss.  I believe you're okay with this ---- more likely, it's your preference.

Evidently, you believe that Trump can help us recover from Trump's own loss in 2924, and from four years of Biden.  Don't see why someone else couldn't help us recover from four more years of Biden.

Or of Trump, for that matter.

Offline LMAO

Evidently, you believe that Trump can help us recover from Trump's own loss in 2924, and from four years of Biden.  Don't see why someone else couldn't help us recover from four more years of Biden.

Or of Trump, for that matter.

We’ll recover from either one. It won’t be easy but we will. America has been through a lot in its history. It can recover from either a Trump or a Biden

If you listen to the left, they say the same thing if Biden loses this Nov.  Democracy will be finished if Trump wins, they howl

But neither of the two presidential candidates this round are going to deliver us to a great American Renaissance.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 10:18:41 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater