Author Topic: Rand Paul: Thomas Massie ‘Doing the Right Thing’ to Oust Mike Johnson as Speaker  (Read 362 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rand Paul: Thomas Massie ‘Doing the Right Thing’ to Oust Mike Johnson as Speaker

Sean Moran 17 Apr 2024

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) blessed Rep. Thomas Massie’s (R-KY) move to oust Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA), saying that House Republicans need someone with “courage” and “intestinal fortitude.”

The Kentucky senator said:

I think Thomas Massie is doing the right thing, and I think that Republicans need real leadership. We need to use our power; our people are frustrated. Why don’t we use the power of the purse? Why does the debt keep getting bigger even when Republicans are in charge of the House? So, I think we need somebody that has some courage and some intestinal fortitude.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/04/17/rand-paul-thomas-massie-doing-the-right-thing-to-oust-mike-johnson-as-speaker/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

After next in a line of GOP defeats this fall, the GOP is going to have to do some soul searching and debating on what kind of party it wants to be
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
After next in a line of GOP defeats this fall, the GOP is going to have to do some soul searching and debating on what kind of party it wants to be

Don't kid yourself.  Mitch knows just what he wants.  And so does the rest of the backestablisment

What we have to ask ourselves is what it's going to take to get what we want.

We know.

When was the last time you heard Mitch cite the 10th ?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
After next in a line of GOP defeats this fall, the GOP is going to have to do some soul searching and debating on what kind of party it wants to be.

It's not really "the party" that has to decide that, but rather those of us who vote GOP.   Our tens of millions of individual thoughts, motives, strategies, etc..  I think the idea that "the party" gets steered independently of that is mistaken.   But for some reason, we keep blaming the people we elect.
[/quote]