Author Topic: Barr: I’ll Vote for Trump Because Continuing Biden Is ‘National Suicide’  (Read 1856 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Barr: I’ll Vote for Trump Because Continuing Biden Is ‘National Suicide’

Pam Key 17 Apr 2024

Former Attorney General Bill Barr said Wednesday on Fox News Channel’s “America’s Newsroom” that he will support Donald Trump in November.

Barr said, “The real threat to liberty, the real threat to our system, are the excesses of the progressive left. They are perverting the system of justice and that’s where the danger lies. The corruption and subversion of our institutions by the left.”

Co-host Bill Hemmer said, “I heard you call this hush money case outrageous. I also know you’ve been asked many times and had disagreements with the former president. He is the presumptive nominee and we assume he will be the nominee. Will you support him in 2024?”

Barr said, “I’ve said all along given two bad choices, I think it’s my duty to pick the person I think would do the least harm to the country and in my mind that’s — I will vote the Republican ticket. I will support the Republican ticket.”

He added, “I think the real danger to the country, the real danger to democracy, as I say, is the progressive agenda and I’ve said Trump may be playing Russian roulette, but continuation of the Biden administration is national suicide in my opinion.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/04/17/barr-ill-vote-for-trump-because-continuing-biden-is-national-suicide/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Barr said, “I’ve said all along given two bad choices, I think it’s my duty to pick the person I think would do the least harm to the country and in my mind that’s — I will vote the Republican ticket. I will support the Republican ticket.”

Dittoes...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Unfortunately, not enough voters recognize this. We're getting another Biden term and who knows who will end up sitting in the Oval once they've secured 4 more years?

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Unfortunately, not enough voters recognize this. We're getting another Biden term and who knows who will end up sitting in the Oval once they've secured 4 more years?

Too bad Barr spent all that time talking smack about his boss in 2021.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Too bad Barr spent all that time talking smack about his boss in 2021.

:yowsa: But what he said here is true.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline AllThatJazzZ

:yowsa: But what he said here is true.

@Bigun

He needs to now make a concerted effort to counter whatever damage he did in dissing Trump.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Bigun

He needs to now make a concerted effort to counter whatever damage he did in dissing Trump.

Hopefully it's impossible.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online banddag

Biden is going to step down at the DNC convention and a moderate democrat governor  from  a  red state will be appointed like Any Beshear from KY or Laura Kelly from Kansas.
Bill Clinton 2.0

Trump will not know what hit him.

Online LMAO

Biden is going to step down at the DNC convention and a moderate democrat governor  from  a  red state will be appointed like Any Beshear from KY or Laura Kelly from Kansas.
Bill Clinton 2.0

In the unlikely event your scenario happens, have  either one of those two you named shown any interest in a national office?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 12:46:08 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Bill Clinton 2.0

Put down the crack pipe.  Or add a /s tag.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
And which one let Newsom and Cuomo lock the country down in March 2020 again? Spare me all this talk about how he's least dangerous. He crossed a line. I will never forget nor forgive him, especially since he's never said he was sorry.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online banddag

In the unlikely event your scenario happens, have  either one of those two you named shown any interest in a national office?
You have no idea what is happening behind the scenes. . Only 25% of democrats want Biden. Biden is in on it

Online LMAO

You have no idea what is happening behind the scenes. . Only 25% of democrats want Biden. Biden is in on it

We’ll see who’ll be right in the coming months

But as of now, I see no sign of him stepping now. He’s raising lots  of money and he is out campaigning . He may be sputtering, mumbling, shuffling. But he’s campaigning
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline AllThatJazzZ

And which one let Newsom and Cuomo lock the country down in March 2020 again? Spare me all this talk about how he's least dangerous. He crossed a line. I will never forget nor forgive him, especially since he's never said he was sorry.

Again, I say that we're getting another Biden term and who knows who will end up sitting in the Oval once they've secured 4 more years?

But I'm so glad for you, @jmyrlefuller! You can enjoy your revenge during the Dem administration. And all the ones after that. There will be many years for celebration for you and the others, but mercifully, I'm old and won't have to endure the dismantling of our republic that much longer.

Online banddag

We’ll see who’ll be right in the coming months

But as of now, I see no sign of him stepping now. He’s raising lots  of money and he is out campaigning . He may be sputtering, mumbling, shuffling. But he’s campaigning
Biden cannot quit now. He would be a huge lame duck. It will be done at the last moment

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Again, I say that we're getting another Biden term and who knows who will end up sitting in the Oval once they've secured 4 more years?

But I'm so glad for you, @jmyrlefuller! You can enjoy your revenge during the Dem administration. And all the ones after that. There will be many years for celebration for you and the others, but mercifully, I'm old and won't have to endure the dismantling of our republic that much longer.
You think I'm celebrating not having anyone I can vote for yet again? Nobody who represents my values? Nobody who will run this country the right way? Do you think I WANT the kooks who are in charge now, still in charge? Of course not. But the Republicans at this point are no better. Your star Senate candidate is Larry Hogan, who went along with the lockdowns hook, line and sinker. Spare me.

Revenge will be when all these crooks, Democrat and Republican, are never able to sniff a national or state capital ever again.

Offline roamer_1

Why would you frame it like that? Do you think you can shame him into casting away his beliefs?
That is a ridiculous fabrication.

I certainly am not operating in any sort of vengeance.
I just can't stand the stench.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

@jmyrlefuller
@roamer_1

The difference between y'all and me is that I can accept the reality of a flawed candidate if the alternative is Joe Biden (or any Dem who will step in to build on what Biden has already destroyed). I can wait until the Republican ship can be turned back to more conservative tenets when the alternative means that Dems will be entrenched for so many years, the Republican party could end up as a footnote in the history books.

Y'all believe, for whatever reason, that 4 more years of Biden won't crumble the Republic. Either that or you believe that Trump would crumble it as much as Biden and that Republican/conservatives will live to right the ship. I'm neither optimistic nor pessimistic. I'm just realistic. As I said before, because of my advanced age, I most likely won't have to witness the worst of it. 

Offline roamer_1

The difference between y'all and me is that I can accept the reality of a flawed candidate if the alternative is Joe Biden (or any Dem who will step in to build on what Biden has already destroyed). I can wait until the Republican ship can be turned back to more conservative tenets when the alternative means that Dems will be entrenched for so many years, the Republican party could end up as a footnote in the history books.

Y'all believe, for whatever reason, that 4 more years of Biden won't crumble the Republic. Either that or you believe that Trump would crumble it as much as Biden and that Republican/conservatives will live to right the ship. I'm neither optimistic nor pessimistic. I'm just realistic. As I said before, because of my advanced age, I most likely won't have to witness the worst of it.

I guess I land more in the latter paragraph... The only defense against the left - and I do mean the only defense - IS the Right.

The reason the left is winning is because it has no opposition (which ought to be offered on the Right).
The Right should be doing battle (at the very least, figuratively) against the left.

Y'all are not. Y'all invite the left into the right.
To some degree that is natural.
But to this degree, the stench becomes unbearable.

When I am asked to vote for liberalism coming from the right, the answer will always be an adamant 'NO'.
Because the more the Right is allowed to drift left, the harder it will be to form an opposition - because the so-called right will be espousing the same doctrine as the left.

And that's where we are right now.
Y'all are so close to the left that I can't tell an appreciable difference.

And you're alright with that.
I am not.

And so it goes. That's what voting is for. Y'all go do your thing. It ain't my thing. If y'all want my help, you'll have to come a hella lot more to the right.

And don't supose you're fighting anything. Y'all are letting em in. Right through the front door.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I guess I land more in the latter paragraph... The only defense against the left - and I do mean the only defense - IS the Right.

The reason the left is winning is because it has no opposition (which ought to be offered on the Right).
The Right should be doing battle (at the very least, figuratively) against the left.

Y'all are not. Y'all invite the left into the right.
To some degree that is natural.
But to this degree, the stench becomes unbearable.

When I am asked to vote for liberalism coming from the right, the answer will always be an adamant 'NO'.
Because the more the Right is allowed to drift left, the harder it will be to form an opposition - because the so-called right will be espousing the same doctrine as the left.

And that's where we are right now.
Y'all are so close to the left that I can't tell an appreciable difference.

And you're alright with that.
I am not.

And so it goes. That's what voting is for. Y'all go do your thing. It ain't my thing. If y'all want my help, you'll have to come a hella lot more to the right.

And don't supose you're fighting anything. Y'all are letting em in. Right through the front door.

:amen:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
@jmyrlefuller
@roamer_1

This is partisan thinking at its worst. "Oh, I don't care if Trump shoots a guy on Fifth Avenue. He has an R next to his name, so he can't be worse than the Democrat!"

He is. And quite frankly, the clown show in the House of Representatives shows they all are.

I am so bleeping sick of partisanism. You saw what Donald Trump did. I saw it. And you have the unmitigated gall to want four more years of that? Four more years of lockdowns, four more years of destroyed opportunities, declining marriage rates, declining birth rates (both of which in no small part to a court ruling his appointees passed and has had a direct blocking effect on people like me who are blackballed from the dating pool for being conservative), complete lack of housing any reasonable person can afford, runaway national debt, moral decrepitude (huh, nonbinary didn't even seem to exist before Trump got into office)... and you expect me to want to vote for that???

Yeah, you're old. You don't have to see the destruction. You probably have another generation you've brought into this world. You did your part, I never will get that chance, thanks to you all. So you can have your partisan greed, destroying the lives of people like me. Don't drag me into it.

Notice I'm the only guy left on this board under 40? Yeah. Nobody's going along with this garbage. I'm alone. I hate it. Is it any wonder I'm in the poor mental state I'm in?

Online DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

I challenge Bill Barr and Lindsey Graham to a flip-flop duel. May the flippiest flop win.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
////00000////

I challenge Bill Barr and Lindsey Graham to a flip-flop duel. May the flippiest flop win.

I have some rusty old pop tops laying around...
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This is partisan thinking at its worst. "Oh, I don't care if Trump shoots a guy on Fifth Avenue. He has an R next to his name, so he can't be worse than the Democrat!"

He is. And quite frankly, the clown show in the House of Representatives shows they all are.

I am so bleeping sick of partisanism

Maybe there are milder forms of partisanship that are fine, but what has happened now is that a great many people reflexively defend/support statements or actions solely because someone on "our side" did or did it, and they oppose criticize something solely because it has been supported by the "other side".

So they'll oppose aid to Ukraine solely because Biden supports it.  Or they'll oppose any more funds to Ukraine because Trump does, only until the moment Trump decides that forgiveable loans are fine, at which point they'll flip their position without batting an eye.

We should support or oppose actions, and defend or criticize statements, based not upon who did or said it, but upon the substance.  And that seems to have been lost by many, especially the die-hard MAGA types.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Maybe there are milder forms of partisanship that are fine, but what has happened now is that a great many people reflexively defend/support statements or actions solely because someone on "our side" did or did it, and they oppose criticize something solely because it has been supported by the "other side".

So they'll oppose aid to Ukraine solely because Biden supports it.  Or they'll oppose any more funds to Ukraine because Trump does, only until the moment Trump decides that forgiveable loans are fine, at which point they'll flip their position without batting an eye.

We should support or oppose actions, and defend or criticize statements, based not upon who did or said it, but upon the substance.  And that seems to have been lost by many, especially the die-hard MAGA types.

And some of us oppose more $$$ for Ukraine because major portions of it winds up in the wrong pockets in Ukraine and the United States.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien